Saturday, August 11, 2012

My grandson is growning up

This little guy, our #5 grandson, will be 7 years old tomorrow. The time is flying by so fast. I remember the day I took this picture of him. It seems like it was only yesterday. Next week he goes off to his first day of school in grade 2.

He was named after his father but we all call him Jr. I wasn't particularly happy with it, but I'm only his maternal grandmother, so I didn't have a say.

He's a great kid. Of course I have to think that. It's a grandma's duty. :)

He has such a quick mind. The other day his mother told him money doesn't grow on trees and he said it does. Money is paper, paper comes from trees, so money came from trees. Now how could you argue with that logic?

He has a little brother who is 5. They are very close, but being boys, they fight almost every day. Now that they are starting school, they've recently decided they have their own friends, not sharing them, and they each want to go separate ways. They don't even want to ride the same bus to school. However, that is not an option.

It's hard for Grandma to watch them change. I wish I still had the little ones to hug and hold. They won't do that anymore, of course. I do get a hug when they leave, but that's about all.

But they are healthy and happy... have a steady home life with a mother and a father... so they'll grow up to be good young men. With God's blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here....