Sunday, September 9, 2012
Beautiful Sunday
Today is going to be another nice day. The temperature is suppose to be around 72° with lots of sunshine and beautiful white clouds. Our night time temperatures though are getting very cool... down to 49°. That requires a sweatshirt or light jacket. But, after all, it is September.
Our weekend plans were cancelled. This was our Hot Air Balloon Festival and we were suppose to go out to the fairgrounds to see the balloons lift off. But due to the weather conditions, we stayed home. They launched Sat. morning at 6:30, but I was still sleeping. :) The launch Sat. evening was suddenly cancelled because of a strong wind that kicked up at launch time. They waited 2 hrs., hoping to still take off, but it didn't happen. They did, however, do the 'night glow' last night, but we didn't feel like going out just for that. A night glow is when the balloon operators light up their burners but they don't lift off.
A friend of mine took this picture:
Since I had lots of free time yesterday, I got back to my projects. I'm making slideshows for each of our grandchildren (7 of them). I'm putting together pictures and videos of them from birth to today, watching how they've grown, complete with background music. Four of them runs through a span of 14 to 20 years. Twenty years!! My gosh, that's hard to believe. Our oldest, and the only grand-daughter, is 20 yrs. old already! I feel so old. But when I look at her baby pictures, it seems like just yesterday. I've also included pictures of us, Bob and I, plus other members of their family hoping when we're gone, our grandchildren will watch them and say, "There's my Grandma and she made this for me way back in 2012".
I've got a roast cooking in the crock pot for supper and it's smelling so good. I haven't decided what to fix with it yet. I think I'll just do some veggies. Our #3 grandson, age 10, has a football game this afternoon and I'm trying to talk Bob into going up to watch Ian play, but I may have to go alone because he says he doesn't feel like going. We'll see.
Quote for today... "A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realize how blessed you are for what you have.” -- Author Unknown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A good quote, Carol. Nice way to end your blog. Let us know if you got to the football game and who won, please. The balloons looks so great when it is still dark like that. Great photo. Sorry you missed the launch, though. I love pot roast in the crock pot and know how good your kitchen smells right now! Enjoy your cool weather!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is the type of weather that roasts, etc. start to taste good. I made a stew on Friday with carrots, potatoes and gravy and it was so good.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the comment you made on my page. I guess I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself, but it's so hard to carry on a conversation without a response. So often lately I feel like I'm talking to myself.