Labor Day! The last official holiday of the summer. It's September already. The summer went by too fast. The kids are all back in school and our weather forecasters are predicting a taste of autumn by the end of the week. I'm not ready for cold weather yet. I hate the thoughts of getting out the coats, gloves and boots.
The last several days have been so busy. Our youngest daughter had surgery last week (hysterectomy) so we spent a whole day at the hospital. It's amazing how things have advanced so much in the last years. When I had my surgery, I was in the hospital 3 days. Our daughter went home that evening. I stayed and helped her out with the kids and the house work. Her husband is no good at that stuff. Today she had her follow-up doctor appointment and she's doing well. She can drive now so she went back to school tonight.
We had our usual family dinner with all the kids Sunday. Our 3 daughters, their husbands and 6 of our 7 grandchildren were here. The missing grandson had to work. Everyone had a good time and we all ate too much food, as usual. We do potluck and the girls bring covered dishes or desserts. We always have way too much food but they love to take home my left-overs.
Our county fair is going on this week out at the fairgrounds. When everyone left here Sunday, they all went out to the fair to walk around and see some old friends. At least the girls didn't have to feed the boys. We didn't go out with them and I won't be going out at all this year. My husband doesn't want to, he can't take the heat and humidity. So I won't be getting my yearly elephant ear. :(
My sister's husband had a heart attack Friday, but he's doing very well. The surgeon removed the blockage and Mike says he feels better than he has for awhile. Thank God.
Next weekend will be our annual hot air balloon festival. There are hundreds of them coming from all over the country. My cousin and his wife are going to renew their wedding vows in the air in one of the balloons. I'm hoping to get lots of pictures. To me, this festival is more exciting than the fair. I love to watch all those balloons take off.
Take care.
God bless.
Hello Carol! I enjoyed this post very much! Fall in the air and county fairs!! My Ohio hometown just had their Sweetcorn Festival. I haven't been in years, but sure did love going when I lived close enough. What a blessing to have such a large family and weekly get-togethers! Glad your daughter's surgery went so well. You are right that things have changed - and for the better. The balloon festival sounds great! They do make for a great photo opportunity - especially with a renewal ceremony! Post a couple for us, if you get the chance, please!
ReplyDelete