Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday Sept. 20

Today was an emotional day. My daughters Lori and Teresa finished up with their final exams last evening. They both did so well. Lori will graduate with one B and the rest A's in her classes; Teresa has straight A's.  Their dad and I are so proud of them and how hard they've worked the last 2 years. Now they have to continue to study for their state license exam for massage therapists. I'm sure they'll do just fine.

I never realized how extensive the studies for this profession. When my girls were studying together the other day, the conversation sounded like doctors with all the muscles, nerves, even meds and supplements that affect the body they had to know. Very intense. I now have more respect for these ladies/men who have gone into this profession.

Since Lori is finished here with school, until graduation day, she went back to Michigan to be with her new husband and her 2 teenagers. She left this afternoon and that was very emotional. Her 2 sisters cried. Mom didn't. She could have but she didn't. I didn't want Lori to feel anymore worse than she did. She kept telling them, this is not good-bye. I will all be back next week (for graduation).

We had a beautiful day weather-wise. Lots of sunshine and around 73°. I'm a "cloud watcher" and I almost took pictures of the sky this afternoon. The clouds looked like a pile of large marshmallows. It was so pretty.

Well, I'm going to bed with a good book. I got up early this morning and my day has caught up with me.

Take care. God bless.




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of your daughters for a job well done. We are looking and feeling fall and it is my favorite season. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news that they both did so well in their classes. I have a good friend, here in Florida, who went into massage therapy 20 years ago, and I still remember how difficult it was to learn all the anatomy. Please post photos of graduation for us!! Wishing you a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your daughters have done so well. I remember when my Curves boss was studying for that, she told me I could do it too, then I saw what all she had to learn and I decided it was not for me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....