Today's weather has been nasty... dark, rainy and now the fog rolls in. We can hardly see the street light on the corner. School will no doubt be delayed in the morning.
Hubby and I put off the trip to WalMart as long as we could. We had to go out today. It wasn't bad going out, but by the time we got ready to check-out it was pouring. We got soaked getting the bags into the car.
The gremlins are still here working their havoc. On my cell phone, I got a text this morning to my daughter from a friend of her's. This is so weird that I would be getting messages that aren't for me.
Before I started supper, I thought I'd take a few minutes to check my email to see if I had gotten anything from my boss while our internet was out. I couldn't get into my account. Hubby then tried his with the same results. So I knew what I had to do.... call Time Warner again. They put in the new cable modem yesterday, so I figured that was the problem. I was on the phone over an hour with another foreign tech specialist. He was nice tho' and I didn't have too much trouble understanding his broken English. He walked me through several steps on both computers, my desk top and Hubby's laptop, and we got the problem solved. While I was doing this, Hubby cooked our supper. It was very good... fried chicken and potatoes.
I got word tonight from my sister that our uncle Bob died today. He is my mother's sister's husband. He walked out to the mailbox this morning and when he came in the back door, he fell down and was gone. I haven't talked to my aunt yet. I can only imagine how she must be dealing with this. And her being in the shape she's in. She had her leg amputated a few months ago and is having trouble walking on a prosthesis. He was taking care of her. Now she's alone, in a big farm house, in a wheel chair. My heart breaks for her.
Today's quote: "Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.”
God bless.
Oh my, what a terrible thing to happen! I'm sorry for your loss, and so sorry for your aunt. I will keep her in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteYour phone really must have gremlins! I can't imagine getting text messages meant for someone else. Very, very strange!
Glad your computer troubles were taken care of, and hope that's the last of THOSE gremlins!
Wishing you a good Thursday!