The last several days have put my nervous system in high gear with so many things going on that I got to worry about. We had 3 deaths in 5 days! It's been almost too much to bear.
I mentioned on here earlier that my uncle had died and about the large funeral we attended for him that blessed me when I saw all the people who cared about him and loved him.
I thought everything was getting back to normal when the next day I got word that Pat, a dear friend I went to school with, died suddenly due to an aneurysm. I was in shock. I had just talked to her at WalMart about us getting together. Another one of our friends, Linda, who now lives in KY, had plans with Pat to come up and see her the next day. We all cried together.
That same evening Bob got a call that his cousin's son had died that morning in his sleep (sleep apnea). He was only 44. Another shock. We couldn't believe it. His funeral was yesterday but we couldn't go.
My husband had an appointment for a biopsy of his prostate. I was so scared. We had to drive an hour to get to the hospital where the Dr. wanted to do the procedure. They run him through several tests and exams that took almost 3 hrs. I sat in the waiting room the whole time, trying to stay calm by reading a book. It was hard to stay focused. I didn't know what to expect when he came out. But we're praising the Lord because the Dr. said everything looked just fine. We still have to wait for the lab results, but he told Bob he wasn't concerned at what he saw.
Oh, my worries aren't over yet. One more....
my youngest daughter had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and she's been doing good. Her post-op exam was last week and the Dr. told her she still hadn't healed completely so she wasn't released to go back to work. Then yesterday she stood up out of a chair and something ripped. She is in a lot of pain. She called the Dr.'s office but she was out of town until next Monday. Teresa felt as though they were brushing her off. Today she started feeling better. Then her doctor called her. Teresa is on bedrest until Monday morning when I'll be driving her to the doctor's office.
I sure hope this is the last for a very long time. But yet I wonder. My great-grandmother always said "things happen in 3's". When Bob was on the volunteer fire department, we found that to be true. Things could be quiet for several days in the small town we lived in. Then they would get an emergency run, and 2 more would always happen in a short span of time.
As for our last 2 weeks, we've had only 5. Now I'm even more worried.
In the news: China wants to build our next telecommunications system. What about this story makes me cringe? Like maybe our nation's security won't be safe? The current resident in the White House has already burnt us.
The weather has been awful today. Yesterday was in the 70's and sunny.... today was in the 50's and rain, rain, and more rain.
Today's verse...
"I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them." – Romans 16:17 (NIV)
Goodness, you have had more than your share of bad news. Hoping, like you, that it is over. Am sending some sunshine your way!
ReplyDeletePrayers for you as you cope with all that sadness and for your daughter that she will have complete healing.
ReplyDeleteLook to Him for your strength.
I'm so sorry to hear about your losses, and the worry of your daughter's surgery and your husband's procedure. I truly believe God doesn't give us more than we can handle, but He surely does put us to the test occasionally. I'll put all of this in my prayers for you! Please keep us posted.
ReplyDelete