It's so dark, gloomy, rainy and cold today. Not even fit for ducks. Bob and I had to run an errand and I got soaked. Now I'm on another cup of coffee, trying to warm up. This time of year can be so depressing. Everything outside is brown and dead. Yesterday was so nice. It got up into the 60's but the temperature has been dropping ever since.
Last evening we drove out of town to our daughter's for our 2 youngest grandson's school Christmas program. I always love to watch the little ones on stage and they always do so good. Occasionally we get some funny, unexpected, entertainment from a few of them. Last night we watched a little guy, at the end of the row, stick his arm into the front of his shirt, between the buttons, and got it stuck. Instead of opening a button, he kept trying to pull his arm out. We could see in his face how frustrated he was getting. It was funny.
I've been having trouble with my cell phone lately. My daughter suggested looking for a software update. So last night I went online to Verizon to find out how to do it. While I was there, I did some shopping. I knew my contract was up and I was eligible for a new phone. I found one ... an iPhone .... and it was free! I ordered it. I hadn't intended on doing that, but I love "free". Now I'm anxious to get it. I've never had one, but I have an iPod and I love it.
I should get started on my Christmas cards. We got more in the mail today from family and friends. I used to enjoy doing it, but not so much anymore. It's become an expensive chore.
I have a little challenge for you... a QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What's your favorite Christmas food?
Mine is my homemade fudge. I have a few recipes that I only make at Christmas. For some reason, I just never make fudge in the summer. :) I'll start making them next week. I can't do it too soon or there won't be any left by Christmas. My will power is so weak when it comes to holiday sweets.
I guess we're having a very UN-healthy supper today, at Bob's request. I try to keep us on a healthier diet, but occasionally I will fix Bob one of his favorites..... in moderation, so he doesn't get bored. Tonight we're having sausage, gravy, biscuits and fried potatoes.
I hope you're having a good day.
God bless.
Yum - sausage gravy and biscuits!! Fried potatoes are 'icing on the cake'!!
ReplyDeleteOhio is always gray and ugly in the winter. Getting used to the Florida sunshine and blue sky was very easy for me!
My favorite Christmas food? I really love those little round sugar-covered Russian Tea Cake cookies (they go by other names, but that's whay my recipe says). They just melt in my mouth and I can eat them by the dozen!!
I love seeing the little ones in programs too....some follow the rules and some dont, and those are sometimes the best! I upgraded my phone last year, bought one of the new fancy flat screen type, used it a month, and went back to my old flip phone...lol I guess I am too old to get it. My favorite Christmas food, hmmm, probably an old fashioned fruit cake recipe that I have and usually make in November, but dont cut til the week before Christmas. Have a good Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteI've been craving your unhealthy supper for several days now, I may have to do that tonight as well. I don't do biscuits though, we just put it over my homemade bread.
ReplyDelete