Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Danger ahead.... new movies

I have something I want to rant about, so if you want to leave, I'll understand. I was just watching TV and they showed a preview for a movie coming out in the theaters. It upset me.


I'm showing my age here, plus an example of my morals, hopefully, when I write about my down-right disgust at the statement....  "to be released in theaters for the "holidays"!!!


Oh no!



For example, we have the movie  "THIS IS 40" …..

Storyline: After years of marriage, Pete lives in a house of all females:  wife Debbie and their two daughters, eight-year-old Charlotte  and 13-year-old Sadie.  As he struggles to keep his record label afloat, he and Debbie must figure out how to forgive, forget and enjoy the rest of their lives…before they kill each other. "

In the preview, he asks for sex and the language is horrible. Now is that any kind of "holiday move"??



Then we have "TED" …

This one came out in the theaters last June, but it's now available on DVD "for the holidays".

Rated R…  "for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, and some drug use."

At first, it looked like they had a cute movie with a talking teddy bear. Oh, yes, he talks, but ..!!

Storyline:  "Follow John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg), a grown man who must deal with the cherished teddy bear who came to life as the result of a childhood wish… and has refused to leave his side ever since." That is one nasty bear. Vulgar. Horrible. Another 'holiday' movie?



And coming to theaters near you on Christmas Day(!!!)  …. "Parental Guidance"

This movie does look like it could be cute …. sort of, if it weren't for the fact that body parts on Grandpa seem to be always getting hurt by the adorable grand-children.  Billy Crystal can be very funny, but at the same time, his language isn't.



So, there you have 3 examples of our society/Hollywood view of new holiday movies.



It makes me sick.


3 comments:

  1. That is one of the things that is wrong with our young people today.....the utter filth they see and hear in movies and on tv. They seem to want to be just like that. It is a pitaful world we live in, which makes me want to say, "Come quick, Lord Jesus". It will get worse before He does tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing as I saw these previews yesterday. Not only can we not go to the movies anymore and see anything decent, but even see the previews on TV are R rated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up (as you did) with Playtex bras advertised on a mannequin with a black sweater on under the bra! I agree with you! It's a Wonderful Life was playing at the dentist's office today. Such a great HOLIDAY movie!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....