I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas with your loved ones and friends.
I had a great Christmas Eve. Our 3 daughters, their husbands and all 7 grand-children were here. As usual, we had so much good food, it was hard for anyone to dig into the desserts until later. We all had to wait awhile for our dinner to settle.
We had one grandson come late because he was spending time with his great-grandmother Ruth (on his dad's side of the family). Ruth is 98 yrs. old and Curtis is such a caring boy, he never gives up a chance to be with her. Each year he prays the Lord will give him one more year with her.
After Curtis got here, we did our gift exchange. Bob and I got presents for the 3 youngest grandsons to open and the rest of us did a white elephant/Chinese exchange. It's the first time we've done that, but it was a lot of fun. One of our son-in-laws, Mike, is a clown. He was making everything funny. We all had a great time. And we know what he's bringing next year for the exchange. LOL
By this time, everyone was ready for their sweet treats. We had all kinds of desserts and a lot of it was left in my kitchen when everyone went home. I'm going to just have to pitch most of it or I'll be eating it. That's my weakness... the pie, the cookies and the fudge.
Today, Christmas Day, Bob and I spent a quiet time, just relaxing. We picked up and straightened up, but tomorrow I'll be sweeping, mopping and doing laundry. Since we had a buffet last evening with lots of finger foods, I thought I'd fix Bob a real meal today. I cooked a turkey breast with mashed potatoes, gravy and dressing.
We are currently under a winter storm warning. The storm is moving in from the south and south-west heading our way. It's suppose to start snowing tonight. My brother in TX has had some severe thunder storms in his area, but when it reaches Ohio, it's turning to snow with high winds. 'They' are saying we could get up to 9" with blowing and drifting. If this is true, I may keep all the sweets in case we get snow-bound, we'll have food to survive. Can't worry about the pounds in a case like this.
Wishing you well.
Take care.
God bless.

Yes, keep those goodies. Comfort food is always good when you are snowed in!! Sure hope the weather doesn't get too bad. Please stay safe! Glad you have had such a great Christmas!! I did laundry yesterday. Glad it's done!
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing like family and fun at Christmas and sounds like you had both. Definitely keep the sweets....you may need the energy to get through the big snow storm....lol Our family gathering is yet to come....on Saturday and I look forward to it.
ReplyDelete