Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Dec. 17, 2012


I'm still working on our Christmas plans and I can see that my time is running out. The days are going by too fast for me. I am more organized this year than I was last year at this time. I'm working on my grocery list now, the things I need to pick up for our family gathering on Christmas Eve. I'm doing a buffet so most of the cooking will be done early, with several crockpots.


I did get 2 more gifts purchased today. They were for our twins birthday on Friday (which is also my birthday). I was hoping they could come see me like we always do each year, but one daughter has to work. She's the one that has the 3 hour drive to get here. As it looks right now, we won't see her until Christmas eve.

My boss came in today to finish up some work I was doing for him. He took the final print-outs I had done  and gave me a Christmas present. He's such a nice guy, and so easy to work for. He does this every year and the card always says "for all the things you do to help me".

Bob and I did go out to eat supper at Orchard Tree. It's our favorite local eatery with a full salad and hot bar, plus the best homemade pies around. It felt so good just to relax and let someone else cook and serve me.

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.
Take care.
God bless.

2 comments:

  1. What fun that your twins share your birthday!! I had friends in elementary school who were from a family of 10 kids, and the first four kids were all born on their dad's birthday, exactly one year apart. They always made the newspaper, every year. It really is news-worthy and note-worthy!

    Orchard Tree sounds like a great place to eat and be waited on. Nice that your boss gives you a gift and lets you know he values your work!

    Good luck with your planning. It will all come together for you, and the main thing is that you will all be together. Nothing else really matters. Enjoy the love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for dinner out and time to relax! It's especially nice this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....