We finally got the tree up today. What a relief. That's such a chore for us old folks. I read the other day where someone referred to her "remembrance" tree. That's kind of what we have here. Every single one of our decorations we hang on our tree have specific memories attached to them. We both have ornaments that were our mothers. I have a special ball that was my gr-aunt's.
There are several little porcelain characters that our daughters painted when they were teenagers. Several little odd decorations were made by our grandchildren and given to us. There's no way I can part with them. I have some my sister gave me as gifts that have words on them about sisters. Plus I have 7 homemade yarn circles with each of the grandkid's baby picture in the center. Each time one of them was born, I made an ornament for our tree representing their first Christmas at Grandma's. Each ornament is a story and when we put up the tree each year, our minds wonder back to the "good ol days". Our Christmas tree means a lot to us and I always feel good when it's up.
I have a Christmas village that I usually put on the mantel each year. I didn't do that today. I wasn't sure if I wanted to bring it all out, but I might yet. I'm still thinking about it.
Well, I hope everyone had a great day. I'm calling it a night.
Take care.
God bless.
Glad you got your tree up and decorated. We have the same type ornaments....all memory things, and each year, we talk about them, what they meant to us, etc. This is the first year ever, that we didnt have a tree big enough to put them all on, so I made choices of what to use. Hope you have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteYour tree is beautiful! Ours is the same - full of memories and pictures of the grandchildren! In my mind, it's what Christmas is all about! Family, memories and love, all focused on the birth of our Lord.
ReplyDeleteI don't put out everything, either. It is harder to put it away, than it is to put it up!!
Have a good Sunday, Carol!
We have the same sort of tree. Each ornament has a meaning or a memory. Most of them were my mother's some of them go back to when she was a girl. Others I made or my children made.
ReplyDelete