Today Fox News is keeping everyone informed of all the preparations for Obama's inauguration. They're giving us a run-down of what he plans to talk about in this speech. They were just talking about the "2 different Bibles" he is bringing with him. Hmmmm. I wonder which ones they are. The news men didn't elaborate. Is anyone going to watch him being sworn in for the dreaded 2nd term? I haven't made up my mind yet.
Friday Bob and I went to Peking Chinese Buffet for supper. We hadn't been there in awhile, so it all tasted good. I was careful and didn't over-do. Bob made a second trip to the bar. This is his plate. I love their rice noodles. Sometimes I'll mix them into the egg-drop soup. It's funny how the food can taste so good, but not be very photogenic. We had a good time, tho'.
Yesterday, I made chicken pot pie for supper. No left-overs. I also baked a loaf of banana bread and this is what's left. I'm sure by tonight it will be gone too.
I've been thinking of doing the challenge here for the favorite childhood memories, but after looking for pictures, and seeing my favorites are all in scrapbooks, I changed my mind. I could just write up my memories, but it wouldn't be as interesting without the photos. So, I won't be doing it.
Friday I got a very odd email from my boss. It was one of those where the writer said he was on vacation with his family in Europe. (the first red flag) It went on to say they had been robbed and could I send him some money so they could get home. (second red flag) The email came from his address that we use for business but went to my yahoo email address. (third red flag) He doesn't use that one. It's only for back-up. But the email didn't come through to my business address that he uses. Interesting. The hack is pick and choose.
I was so sure the problem was on my end and I dreaded telling him. I worked all day yesterday cleaning up my computer, downloading a new virus protection program, doing 2 complete scans, but I still couldn't figure out how I got this from him.
This morning I got an email from him saying he'd been hacked. He apologized for the bogus email sent to all his contacts and he hoped no one fell for it. Phew! His son Dustin is his IT, always has been, and he has remote access to his dad's computer. Dustin got it cleaned up and fixed from his home 200 miles away. So, we're good.
I'm still working on our genealogy. Every evening I do a little research on Ancestry-dot-com, looking for missing people, but my main project right now is getting all my paperwork more organized so I have easier access to the information I have. My notebooks are a mess. After I'm gone, my children won't understand what all this stuff means. I read an article the other day written by an "expert" about an easy filing system. After a trip to WalMart to get items I needed, I'm now trying to follow some of her guidelines with a few of my own changes. I think it'll work.
And with that being said, I will take my leave. I hope everyone is having a good day.
Take care.
God bless.
Yum, the food looks good to me, especially the banana bread...I love it with coffee. You have inspired me to make some for the coming week. Wow, that hacked email would sure be a red flag. I have never gotten one, but no one is immune. Glad you knew right away. I know you are enjoying searching for your ancestors.....your children will appreciate all your work one day. Hope your week ahead is a good one.
ReplyDeleteCarol, I just took photos of my old photos. You could do that, too, of your scrapbook photos. It worked great for me, and was so much easier than scanning them in.
ReplyDeleteI will not watch the swearing in tomorrow. I wonder about the official swearing in that occurred today. Did he use a Bible? Did he swear to uphold the constitution? Tomorrow's event will just be for show, and I'm sure it will be quite a show.
We like Chinese, and have a local buffet that we used to go to frequently. Then I got sick from their sushi (I had it, but Joe didn't - he was not sick). Haven't been back since. It's been awhile, so maybe I could go again, now.
We got an e-mail like that from our Priest a couple of years ago. He was hacked. We knew he was not in Europe and he would never ask parishioners for money. Crazy - but I"m sure there are people who do fall for it. Glad it was figured out and taken care of. Wishing you a good week ahead!