It's been too cold to spend more than a few minutes outside. The cold wind bites. By next Tuesday we're suppose to have a "warm spell". It's suppose to get up to 53°. That will feel down-right balmy. We hit our first sub-zero temperatures a couple nights ago.
My youngest daughter just got her first massage therapist job. She starts this coming Monday morning. She's excited and so is Mom. The lady told her this was not a spa... strictly therapeutic (medical). Teresa told her that was her specialty. The owner was very impressed with her portfolio and test scores.
Bob and I are nibbling on the chocolate brownies I baked earlier. They're rich, but so good. I need a glass of milk to go with it.
My daughter that lives in Michigan called yesterday and we had a good conversation. She said she'd been thinking of me. Ahhhh... like I never think about her. Just all the time. I miss her.
That got me to thinking how things have changed. I used to be involved in their lives, hearing about almost everything they're doing. And the same with our grandkids. Now, it feels like none of them need me anymore. If something important happens (or something bad, God forbid) then they'll call. But never to just chat, or check in on us to make sure we're ok. I guess that's all part of the growing process. But I don't have to like it.
Bob found a motor home he wants. The pictures look very nice and the price isn't bad. So I think we'll be making the short trip to see it Monday.
Teresa drove down to OSU to see her son/our grandson today. He's homesick. We figured that would happen after a couple weeks. This is the first he's been away from home. So she's going back down Friday to get him, and bring him home for the weekend. Thank goodness we're only 2½ hours away. I just hope we get to see him.
I'm trying to find some new clothes. I need some new slacks. I'm tired of living in jeans and T-shirts. Yep, I'm a country girl. But now that I'm in my 60's, I think I should start looking like a woman. My problem: I can't wear double-knit or wool, they make me itch. Poplin isn't warm enough. I can't find anything that is comfortable, except denim.
Oh, great.... the local news just said we're getting sleet and freezing rain tomorrow.
A few nights ago I started reading a new book (on my Kindle). I wasn't sure if it would be my kind of story, but I've gotten just far enough that I need to find out how it ends.
On that note, I'm going to shut down and go to bed.
Wishing you a great day tomorrow.
God bless.


My dear friend, I will comment backward....lol....I love anything James Patterson writes, although I havent read that one yet! He does keep your attention, doesnt he? As far as our kids.....same here. All of our children live in the same town and yet, we only actually see them on holidays. One lives next door and we do see him go in and out of his house. One calls every day and we talk about what we have done or are going to do, and the third may call once a week if we are lucky, but none come to just sit and visit. I get down about it often, but Jim keeps telling me they are grown and have lives of their own. They will know how it feels some day when their kids do the same thing to them. Our weather is like a yo-yo too...freezing one day and to be 60 tomorrow. Clothes - ughhhh. I feel I am dressing like my mother or grandmother now and how did I get old??? Have a nice day, whatever comes your way, and dont eat all those brownies.....save me one! lol
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm 61 and am most comfortable in jeans, so I would tell you to not toss any of your jeans out. My mom never wore jeans, but times have changed, for sure. Our boys are my stepsons, but I'm their mom. We rarely hear from them unless we initiate the calls or texts. I guess it is how it is supposed to be, once they leave the nest. I like James Patterson, too, but haven't seen this one. Thanks for the review. Good luck with the motor home. Keep us posted about that!
ReplyDelete