I didn't do much again today. I had a hair appointment this afternoon, then I came straight back home. I have to go to the store, but maybe tomorrow. I'm meeting my sister for coffee when she gets off work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that. I don't see her much, maybe once a month. She's such a busy lady. But we always have a great time catching up.
Our grand-daughter got sick a couple days ago and wasn't getting any better. Our daughter, who lives in Michigan, just over the state line, drove down and took Hollie to Urgent Care. They told her that she had the flu. It seems each year, when the flu hits, it's always a new strain, affecting people in ways they've never had before. The virus mutates each year. It's awful. Our daughter didn't think it was the flu because of the pain Hollie had. But I talked to her this afternoon and she's feeling much better today.
Our county courthouse has been going through some major renovations inside. Workers have been opening the dome ceiling over the court room. It was covered with a drop-ceiling several years ago. Several months ago they decided to open it up and have it repaired. It was a slow, pains-taking job, but the firm doing the work has done fantastic work.
The dome ceiling is just under the clock tower.
An 8 ft. statue of Lady Justice is over the front doors.
The courthouse was built in 1876, designed by an architect in Indiana, one of kind. In 1974, our County Courthouse was listed in the National Register of Historic Places, because of its unique design and put our little town on the map. Well, I'm off to bed now.
Hope you have a great day tomorrow.

Hoping your granddaughter gets better each day. The flu bug has hit just about everywhere this year. I love your court house and that dome is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful dome! I'm so glad to hear they have restored it! Hope your sweet granddaughter gets well soon. It's sure no fun being sick. Our weather is crazy here, too. 82 today, but only 60 predicted for tomorrow. No wonder everyone is sick.
ReplyDelete