Saturday, April 27, 2013

We got it done!

Oh, my gosh!! We are so tired and sore today, we can't hardly move. But we got our daughter moved yesterday. It took 3 cars, 2 pick-up trucks and a large trailer, plus 2 trips, to get it all over there. Her "soon-to-be-ex husband" was on very good behavior. He kept handing things to her to take with her, helped load up the heavy stuff and even drove one of the pick-ups over, twice. Of course his father-in-law was there so he might have figured he better behave or he'd get pinned to the wall.

This picture was taken at 1:00pm. We had gotten the trailer and the pick-up unloaded and the furniture into the house. Bob and Teresa took a short break. We were already whipped.


 By 3:00pm we had the vehicles unloaded and back to the house for more. We still had the boys' room and all the clothes and coats out of the closets. Bryan had just gotten off the bus so he wanted Grandpa to shoot some hoops with him. He beat Grandpa (of course he did... wink) and he came running into the house, out of breath, to tell me. He's 5 years old and the sweetest little guy.


After this, we had our van, her car and the one pick-up truck packed full again so we headed out. Jr. rode with Grandpa in the van because we had to squeeze Bryan into the back seat of her car. He said he was ok. He felt "real cozy".

Our #1 daughter Lisa and her husband met us when they got off work and helped unload the cars. Then her and I went about the task of putting things away, moving the furniture so there was a path to get through the apartment. Around 7:00 Lisa went down the street to get a couple buckets of chicken. By then we were all starving. None of us had eaten since breakfast. After I got that mess all cleaned up, we were back at it again. Her place was beginning to look liveable, the beds were made and the TV was on. Lisa's husband had total control of the remote. So Bob and I said our goodbyes. It was 9:00 by the time we got home. I was in bed an hour later.

Today we're both sore but we're ok. I haven't done anything all day. I don't even have to cook supper. We're going out to Taco Bell later. I haven't talked to Teresa yet to see how they slept the first night in their new apartment. I'll call her later.


We've got another beautiful day today. Warm sunshine. The birds are singing and I've got a few windows open. This is my kind of weather. But as they say in Ohio... just wait, it'll change soon. We're suppose to have rain tonight and all day tomorrow.


Well, if you stayed to read this far, I thank you to taking an interest in my life. This post was mainly written as a journal page so if one of my daughters EVER decide to move again, I can come back to this and feel confident to say "sorry.. I'm too old to do that anymore". 



3 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I am with you. When my oldest moved the last time, we said then, no more. I cant do it any more. It is definitely a big, big job and a job for the young! I know you are glad that is behind tho. We got the rain last night and today, so guess it is headed your way now. Rest, relax tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHEW! What a job! I hate moving me much less anyone else and every time I have to do it, I come home and start getting tossing stuff I don't need!

    Glad the job is done. I hope you've enjoyed your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I can only imagine how sore and exhausted you both were. The new house looks nice, though. Do they have the entire house, or is it split into apartments? I know your daughter appreciated all the help. It is a huge job, no matter how old or in shape you are. Let us know how they are doing, please! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....