Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wed. May 29, 2013

I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend. Mine was quiet. The family partied Friday evening at Ian's birthday party, so the rest of the weekend our girls and their families went off to do their own things.

I do believe summer is here. We have had a couple days of "hot". Today is going up 87° with another chance of severe thunderstorms developing this afternoon as the humidity goes up. It's already 80° and it's not even noon yet. I just turned the A/C back on. Hubby didn't want to but I can't take it. When the air outside gets heavy and hot, I have trouble breathing.

Every morning I watch the weather channel, not just for our forecast for the day, but also to see what kind of weather my family and friends all over the country are going to have. I see that the mid-west has more chances of severe weather. Those poor folks in OK... they've sure been hit hard this past year. It seems to be almost a daily threat of one thing or another.

I had another piano lesson yesterday. The material is gradually getting more in-depth, of course, but I'm going to have to practice, practice, practice.

My plan for the day? Sweep and steam clean the kitchen floor, mop the bathroom floor and I see there's ANOTHER load of laundry to take care of.

There was another murder in Ft. Wayne (Indiana) last night. There's been so many in that city this year already, I've lost track of the number. Ft. Wayne is only 30 miles west of us so I watch their news at noon. If one of the criminals in that city gets loose, runs from the police, they either head over the state line, our way, or toward Chicago. We've already seen high-speed chases that came through our little town.

In the news: 24 sets of twins in one school's 5th grade class!!  "An Illinois school could land in the record books for having 24-sets of twins in one grade. The previous record was held by an Iowa school with 16-sets in one grade."  Wow! I wander if they were all born there. If so, someone better check what's in the water. lol

I better get to my chores. So I will wish you a good day with sunshine and smiles. 















2 comments:

  1. Our holiday weekend was quiet except for Sun. after church. We celebrated Jim's 81st bday and all the kids and kiddos came. We are having a heat wave...88 today...ugh...I am not a summer, hot weather, bugs lady, but I suffer thru to have our glorious fall and winters. Hope being in with AC you can breath better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what my holiday weekend was like, so I won't go there. Our humid summer weather has also arrived. The AC is running all the time, now. Piano lessons...awesome!! Keep us posted on your progress! Are you friends, here, with Julie? She teaches piano and organ. I'm getting caught up on everyone's news.... on to the next.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....