My hubby has been busy the last couple days, working very hard here at home and even at a friend's house last evening. He crawled under Tom's car to help pull out a transmission. So I thought he deserved a good meal today. I took him up to Orchard Tree, our favorite eatery.
Today I thought I'd get a picture of him to post on here, so you could all get a good look of the "hubby" I'm always talking about. This is him washing his hands. LOL
I think I've worked harder on piano lessons this week than I have so far. For some reason, I'm having trouble memorizing the bass clef notes. I think I have a mental block. So I'm trying something different--
one note a day. Today is brought to you by the note "E"....
I started reading a new book this week. So far, it's a good one and the author's style makes it easy to read, but it's not the kind of book for everyone. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it because of the subject matter. It's scary but could very well be a picture of our future.
It's called "Dominatus". It's a Latin word meaning: rule, mastery, tyranny, and it peeked my curiosity when I saw it listed as a freebie on Book Blast. I read the reviews and the synopsis, then downloaded it to my Kindle.
Author: D.W. Ulsterman Published: March 21, 2013
"The United States is no more…and hidden away within the
isolated wilderness of Alaska’s interior resides the tiny community of
Dominatus. There lives a small but diverse group of people seeking out
simple lives of personal liberty and freedom, but who now face
termination under the oppressive and deadly regime of the New United
Nations. They will fight and if need be, die for an America that once
was. An America before being swallowed up by the monster of tyrannical
global governance. An America before the mandates. An America before
the government drone killings. An America before Obama…"
I hope you have a great weekend. ♥



Glad you have some summer weather, but like you, we have to have the AC on just to breath!
ReplyDeleteThe new book you are reading sounds interesting, so much so, that it could be true in the near future....scary. Have a nice weekend.
Come visit me! We're only expecting a high of 67 today which I don't mind so much, but it's foggy and gray :(. We will only be in the 60's and 70's for the next week.
ReplyDeleteThe book does sound interesting...not sure I'm going to go looking for it though.
Your one note a day is a good idea, but if you need more help, try this for bass clef:
starting at the bottom of the staff, learn the lines and spaces separately:
Lines: Good Boys Do Fine Always
Spaces: All Cars Eat Gas
We are well into our hot and humid summer, here in Florida, as expected.
ReplyDeleteI played trumpet from age 10 through high school. I started piano and organ lessons at age 12-13. I never learned to read bass clef. I can memorize the piece and play it, but I can't read both treble and bass clef fast enough to just sit down and play a piece. I could kick myself for giving up piano and organ. Wish I had kept at it.
That book must be scary, especially when we see those things happening now.