Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I'm back...

The last few days have been full of activities around here and today will be more, consequently this post will be short. I have things to get done. Bob's out mowing the yard and he comes back in he can't find me still sitting here at the computer. :)

Saturday we had a graduation party to attend. It was for Bob's brother's wife's grand-daughter. She graduated from high school. We've known her since she was a toddler and now she's on her way to nursing school. The party was at the campground where her parents spend their summer.

Sunday, Father's Day, we went to church then out to eat. Later in the afternoon one of our daughters came in with a gift for her father.

Yesterday, we had our 2 youngest grandsons with us all day. They are ages 8 and 6. Since they're getting older it's a lot easier on me, no diapers and bottles, but they still want attention. I was constantly getting up to do something for them or answering their questions.We had a good day tho' and I always enjoy having them. Before Teresa came in from work, the youngest one, Bryan, and I got into a pillow fight. I haven't heard that little guy laugh that much in a long time.

Today's weather forecast is for a nice day. The temperature will be around 79°. We have a cloud cover right now with clearing later this afternoon. The north wind makes it very comfortable.


Last week I had written about the bad storms and tornado warnings we had on Wed. night. There was an F0 tornado (winds 80-90 mph) that touched down in the little village of Willshire, about 30 miles to our south. One house and a barn were destroyed, but no one was hurt. However, as with all tornadoes, there's always a story that comes out of it. In Saturday's paper was this article that I thought I'd share with you....(Note: the real estate agent is the one I work for!)

"WILLSHIRE, OH - The power of the storm system that moved through the area on Wednesday was again revealed on Friday when a resident of Findlay, Ohio called to report they had found a sign from Willshire, Ohio. D.D. Strickler, a local real estate agent, reported he had a for-sale sign at a home on State Route 81 just west of Willshire prior to the storm.

After Wednesday night's tornado struck the area of Willshire, this real estate sign could no longer be located. Strickler contacted Van Wert County Emergency Management Director Rick McCoy on Friday morning advising he had received a phone call from a woman in Findlay reporting she had found the realty sign stuck in the eves of her home...."

Findlay is 90 miles to OUR north! His real estate sign was carried 120 miles before it was dropped!! We're glad it didn't come down on top of someone. They aren't very light. I've tried many times to get them into the ground.

Well, gotta get busy. I hope you have a good day. ♥ 


3 comments:

  1. I know you enjoyed the g.sons, but it does tire us out doesnt it? Dont work too hard and enjoy the nice weather while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy, busy...didn't keep you from your practice time though! I wish all my students would make the time like you have. I'm so glad you had a great time with your grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all had a great time! Pillow fights and laughter...what could be better?!!

    Wow on that sign traveling so far in the storm. Oh my gosh! Amazing.

    Hope you get some down time to relax a bit. You have been busy!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....