Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wed. June 5, 2013

Today is a beautiful day. Clear blue sky and the temperature will be around 74°. Perfect.


We have a funeral to go to this afternoon for that young man that died last Friday in the automobile accident. We didn't actually know him. The last time we saw him, he was 12 years old. But we're going to the service to be moral support for our daughter Lori and our grandson Dylan.

On a better note.... we had our 2 youngest grandsons all day Monday while Teresa was at work. Here they're looking through a couple of Grandpa's magazines on hunting. We had a good time and had no problems with the boys at all. Their mother can't understand how they're always good here then be little pains when they go home. It's called "Grandma's touch", or something like that.

Yesterday I went out to have my hearing tested. I knew he'd find some loss, but I didn't expect that much. I've lost 20% of my hearing in my right ear. But he told me I should have aids for both ears. Then he programmed 2 of them and put them in my ears. Oh my! What a difference. I felt like he and Bob were shouting. Then we discussed cost. Phew! I took them out of my ears then and thanked him for his time. We can't afford that. When I removed them, it was like everything got muffled. I had no idea how bad my hearing was. No wonder I can't understand what people say to me.

Well, I have to go get ready so I will say 'bye' for now. I hope you have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Carol, I'm so sorry you're experiencing hearing loss, but also that you can't afford the aids. I'm sure I probably have some loss as well, but haven't been tested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know those hearing aids are expensive and so sad, because when we really need them, we cant afford them. A lady in my SS class cant hear anything any more...I feel so sorry for her. One Sunday, our class president said, Linda will you pray for us, and before I could begin, the lady with the hearing problem began. Her name is Wanda and that is what she heard. Bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, I wish I could send you Joe's! He got his through the VA (thank goodness he has that option!), and he won't wear it (left ear). He says background noise is too difficult with it - I think it is vanity (shhhhh!). There might be other options for you, not as expensive. I'm sure all of us have some loss as we get a little older - especially if we listened to rock music LOUD when we were teens. Front row at the concerts didn't help, either! Hugs & love.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....