Monday, July 8, 2013

♪ ♫ Monday... Monday ♫ ♪

And it's been a good Monday...... busy but good. Hang on, this is going to be SO exciting.

I stripped the bed and washed the sheets and spread. My daughter came in for her lunch break and we chatted for awhile.
Bob was out mowing the yard while I followed her back up to the shop and she gave me a back massage.
When I left there, I went on out to the chiropractor for an adjustment. He was very pleased how much I was improved.

Then I came home and started supper.
I always make my own spaghetti sauce so I mixed up some pasta, sausage, my sauce and some cheese and baked it in the oven for awhile to mix the flavors. It was a new recipe and Bob liked it.

Didn't I tell you this was going to be exciting?

While I was in the chiropractor's office, I had gotten a call from the nurse practitioner at my doctor's office. I returned her call later. She had the results of my blood test. My thyroid is ok, but I'm depleted of Vitamin D  (the sunshine vitamin). The pills I take for my migraine says "avoid direct sunlight", so I have. Now I have to swallow huge horse pills to get my "sunshine". It's not fair.

Our weather was hot and muggy today. We had sun all morning with the high around 85°. Later the clouds rolled in and it's been raining on and off since then. Now we have another possibility of a severe T-storm tonight.

Until next time..... take care.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours was more exciting than mine, Carol! LOL Some days there just isn't much to write about, but staying in touch is what this is all about. Sorry you are short on your vitamin D. I take a supplement, too, but mine is a smaller gel tab. I burn if I'm in the sun for more than 10 minutes. Speaking of 10 minutes, "they" say that 10 minutes of sunlight is all it takes. Maybe your doctor would approve 10 minutes in the sun, along with your migraine meds. Sunscreen takes away all the benefits of being in the sun for those 10 minutes, though, so bare arms and legs... 10 minutes.

    I make my own sauce too. Joe won't eat spaghetti sauce (called gravy at our house) out of a jar or can, though he might not know the difference if he didn't see the jar! (snicker)

    Have a good Tuesday! (Had to make a correction, so deleted and started over!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, Carol, you're funny! That was more exciting than my day LOL! So glad you got a massage and a good report at the chiropractor. I'm thinking it's time for me to get another adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds indeed like a good Monday to me. Good company, good results at doctor and practitioner. A nice meal. What more can one ask for? Too bad about the vitamin D, you do indeed need the sunshine for natural replenishment. Ah well, it's a good thing everything comes in pills these days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take a supplement too, as I dont enjoy the hot, humid outdoors in the summertime. I made some new potato soup but wouldnt make it again. I hate trying something new and it is a waste dont you?

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....