Happy Tuesday, everyone. I hope you have sunshine on your shoulders and good thoughts on your mind.
Last night on our local news, they did a report on a recent study on how a good relationship between children and their grandparents is healthy for both.
"Grandparents play a pivotal role in the development and health of
young children. As traditional figures in the life of children,
grandparents are typically viewed as the solid and dedicated caregivers
in the family unit. The emotional relationship between grandparents and their
grandchildren can significantly affect the children’s academic,
psychological, and social development. It has been shown that children
have a higher level of self-confidence when grandparents give more
affection. Such emotional closeness has long-term positive impacts on
children’s lives."
I found this very interesting and after reading the full report I feel so blessed that I was given the chance of building that close relationship with my grandchildren while they were growing up. I now get the hugs and the "I love you Grandma" from each one of them. And no amount of money can buy that.
We've had some busy days here lately. We had all the kids here this past weekend. Yesterday, Monday, we got up early so we could get Ian back and forth to the school for band practice, plus we had the 2 youngest grandsons staying until Teresa got off work. We have both the boys again today. Bryan, our youngest, age 6, is sick with one of those nasty summer colds that are so hard to fight. He's coughing and tired. I just let him sleep as much as he wants and keep an eye on his fever.
Yesterday was Jr's 9th birthday. He is Bryan's older brother. Teresa had a small party for him last evening,
cake and ice cream with just a couple friends and his cousin Ian. We
went over early and had supper with them, then I cleaned up and washed
the dishes while everyone was outside playing and talking so Jr. could
blow out his candles and cut his cake.
Bob just got back from the repair garage. The ABS light on his car came on the other day, so he had to get it checked out. Hopefully it's just a wire connection, or it could be the sensor. His brakes are ok, but a new sensor could mean over $300 for a new one. Ouch!! That's going to hurt our budget big time. He's taking it back Thursday morning for a complete diagnostic check.
Well, gotta run. Bob's going out to mow the yard and I have to fix lunch for the boys.
Have a good day.
Until later......................





I am like you, I am so thankful I have had a good relationship with lots of hugs and kisses while my grands are young, and hope they will always remember me as loving them very much. School is in full swing here so I dont see them as much, but try to touch base by phone every evening to see how they day went. Hope your Tues. is a good one my friend.
ReplyDeleteWe missed having our grandchildren close by, so time with Tristan now is so precious to us. Seeing the twice a year was not enough. You are blessed, indeed!!
ReplyDeleteHope the car repair is minor!! Car trouble is a terrible thing! Keep us posted. Fingers crossed!
You are truly blessed, Carol.
ReplyDelete