Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hodgepodge Wed. 9-25-2013

Today is Wednesday, so that means it's time for:  


1. What's one thing that's still the same about you as when you were young?
I'm still short! hahaha

2. What's more important- history or science? Why?
I think they go hand in hand. History is important, because as the saying goes, "those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." Also, science has played a big part in our  history, so it cannot be less important.

3. Lima, kidney, string, garbanzo, black or pinto- your favorite bean?
Oh, my... it would be easier to say .... I'm not fond of black beans. I like beans. They just don't like me anymore.

4. What's something people come to your town to do?
Our annual Peony Festival. That's just one weekend a year but it draws a lot of people from all over the world. There's also the annual highway garage sales, US 127 and US 30. People will travel the different highways for hundreds of miles just to stop at the numerous houses having their garage sales, in the hopes of finding those important treasures they can take back home. Since both highways cross in the center of our little town, the traffic is horrible.

5. When was the last time you were in a meeting? Sum it up for us in five words or less.
I can't remember one. (4 words)

6. What special event would you like a VIP pass to attend?
This old woman doesn't care to go to events with large crowds, so a VIP pass would be wasted on me.

7. What's one piece of advice you'd give a writer?
Don't linger on and on with lots of minor details. When I'm into a good story line, I don't care whether the sky was cloudy or what the character was wearing, unless it's relevant to the story.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
This too will be short and sweet.... I hope I can get my computer problem fixed so I can resume my online piano lessons.


2 comments:

  1. Carol, we could be best friends if we lived closer to each other!! So many times our answers are nearly the same. I enjoy Hodgepodge!! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A peony festival??!! I would love to see that....what part of the country are you in?

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....