1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
We all sang to Grandson #5 on Aug. 12th on his 9th birthday. His face always turns red when everyone sings to him. He's like his grandma. As for my birthday, we don't sing... I don't want them to do that. I'm not in favor of being the center of attention because it's no longer "my special day". On my 24th birthday, I gave birth to twin girls. That was the day I quit celebrating my birthday and it became their special day. We still spend the day together, if their schedules permit, and I always feel sad when they can't be here.
2. Name a famous or 'infamous' person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you'd like to meet in person if it were possible?
There are several well-known people that share/shared my birthday, Dec. 21. As for meeting any of them, there's no one. There are athletes like Chris Evert, Olympic champion Florence Griffith and Joseph Stalin the Russian dictator. There's also Jane Fonda. Now I might like talking to her, but only to ask her why she did what she did in Viet Nam.
3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow...what are you hoping to find inside?
That would depend on the size of the box. If it's a tiny little box, jewelry perhaps. If it's a large box, a new car! LOL But actually I'm not one to hope for anything anymore.
4. What can you guarantee about yourself?
I'll be on time, if nothing prevents me from being there. I hate walking in late anywhere and it's always frustrated me when some people are habitually late. It's like they don't care or they're wanting to get the attention.
5. Talking art and beautiful cities here...'The Last Supper' in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or 'The Mona Lisa' in The Louvre, Paris... which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?
This is a tough question. I'd love to see both paintings and the cities but if I have to choose one, it would be "The Last Supper". All the pictures and copies of the painting I've seen gives me a stirring in my spirit. I know it's only da Vinci's interpretation of what it could have been like on that day, but my faith makes it special to me.
6. Your favorite dessert?
This one is easy.... pie! Any kind. A fruit pie, warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, cream pies like butterscotch or old fashion cream. I love pie.
7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)... what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you're looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
I like spring as we watch the temperatures rise after the cold winter, but it also brings the tornado season. Autumn is my favorite with its comfortable sunny days and cool nights. It's the time of year when you can smell a campfire from miles away and think of hot dogs and marshmallows.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My own random thought? I'm afraid the only things I have today are personal stuff that you wouldn't be thrilled to read about. I've been going through a bit of depression this week, so all my thoughts are negative. On that note, I'll close this and wish everyone a good day.
As to your random thoughts, I had the blahs last week, so totally understand..hope it passes soon.
ReplyDeleteNumber 8: I'm so sorry to see that! I'll pray for you that it goes away soon.
ReplyDeleteI hope as your day when along, your spirit lightened. Maybe you should have some pie today?
ReplyDeleteI hate being away from my girls on their birthdays too. I'm sorry you've been feeling blue. Hope the world looks a little brighter today.
ReplyDeleteWishing you brighter days, Carol!! I'm trying to catch up on you posts. Hugs!
ReplyDelete