This computer is running so slow today, not sure if I'll be able to post this after it's written. But we'll see. I must remember to copy it all before I hit 'publish'.
Today has been a day of tears. No, I'm not sad, I've just seen and heard things that have turned on the spigot, starting with church this morning to the movie I watched this afternoon. A young mother gave her testimony in church of how God has walked with her through her troubles and hardships, the miracle of her 2 children's birth when the doctors told her there would be no babies, then her husband's battle with cancer and his death. I teared up through her whole story.
When we're having troubles, we tend to forget there are other's who have more or worse troubles than we do. Her testimony went along with Pastor's message today. He's been doing a study on "Facing our Fears". The verse today was from John 16:33. The principles for our times of trouble are to 1) grasp what we're told in God's word, 2) rely on Jesus and 3) know that we will receive healing -- in time. Because Jesus has overcome the world, He brings us the 2 things we need when we're hurting: peace to deal with our present and courage to deal with our future.
Our weather today was a beautiful autumn day. The sun is shining; the leaves are starting to turn color because of the chilly nights. The high today was only 64° and going down to 41° tonight.
We didn't go up to our favorite eatery after church this morning. We decided to go up later on for an early supper. No crowd that way. It's so nice to have someone else cook a meal for me once in awhile and it seems my only chance anymore comes just once a week, but that's what makes it special. When we were both working, it was a common thing. Now that we're retired and poor, it a treat.
Having worked in the real estate business for several years, whenever my son-in-law wants to know more about a house that's listed for sale, he comes to me. He and our daughter are still looking for a house to buy, preferably in the country. They saw one today so they were here to get more information. I have access to several local government offices with real estate data bases. After what I found out, they're making some phone calls tomorrow.
One of my favorite quotes: “Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome.”
Sandra Bullock, 1998, from "Hope Floats" the movie
Hope you've had a good day.
Until later......
I tear up when people share their testimonies or their lives too....church, tv, in person, whatever...it touches my heart. Hope your son in law and your daughter find the house that is right for them. Love the quote and loved the movie Hope Floats.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, I would have been reaching for the tissues too, Carol. I just need to see one other person crying and I start. I could be hired as a crier... LOL
ReplyDeleteI love the movie 'Hope Floats' and that's a great line from that movie! True!