Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hodgepodge for 10/2/2013

It's 'hodgepodge" Wednesday again, already, so that means another collection of questions to answer. I hope you enjoy.

1. What's one thing you learned in September?
I learned my daughter had gotten her license and paperwork finished to start her own massage therapy business. She was so nervous, still is, about getting all her "ducks in a row" with the governing powers. Finally, after all the hard work and sacrifices, September brought it all to a reality. I'm so proud of her.  

2. Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, zucchini squash, or blech! hold the squash... what's your favorite squash? What's your favorite way to prepare your favorite squash?
Acorn! With brown sugar and butter in the hauled out center and baked. We love them. 

3. The older I get the______________.
more I become my mother. But that's not a bad thing!! I hope I stay like this because she was the strongest, kindest person I've ever known. 

4. What's your favorite television theme song ever?
I have had so many favorite TV shows from way back, but not many have had a particular theme song I would say was a favorite. I like the song from MASH but not the lyrics. The same can be said for The Sopranos theme song. Right now, today, I will say the theme from CSI: NY. 

5. What do you wish you'd spent more time doing five years ago?
Exercising! I got lazy and now my body is showing it --- muscles getting weaker. 

6. What item do you most need (or want) to add to your wardrobe this fall?
Just one item? I need a whole new wardrobe. One item? Warm boots for getting through the snow. 

7. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts cartoon was introduced to the world. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
Bugs Bunny..... born July 27, 1940. A true sign of a good cartoon character is their life span. I used to watch him every Sat. morning growing up, then my children watched him and my grandchildren could occasionally find him on one of the cable channels. I think Bugs may be fading off into the horizon but he should be labeled a legend. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have an iPhone 4, which has worked just fine and made me happy for the last year and a half, but when Apple made us download the new updated software this past week, my phone hasn't been the same or worked the same. I'm not happy with it and I haven't heard anyone say they are either. Apple has gone with white backgrounds on the apps which is not good for someone with my eye sight. They've added new animations which people are complaining makes them dizzy. Plus I have some 3rd party apps that don't want to play nice with the new changes. I'm trying to work around the problems and hopefully I'll get used to the "new" phone but it's been a struggle. 

Until next time..........


5 comments:

  1. I've seen a few people recommending acorn squash but it's not something we've got over here in the UK. You make it sound delish though - anything with brown sugar has got to be delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brown sugar and butter would make shoe leather taste good, I think! Add butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon...yum! Congrats to your daughter on getting her own business going. Good for her! I have a friend up in North Carolina (used to live here) who started her own massage therapy business and now has two locations. She also sells essential oils and other organic-type things. Keep us posted, please, on how she is doing! I enjoyed your answers, Carol, and again - we are like thinkers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy acorn squash too and fixed just as you do. Great for your daughter to finally be through and can start her business. As for winter clothes, I have lost weight and everything just hangs on me. But I need a sweater..coat type, and you wouldnt believe how hard it is to find one. Everything is fancy and that is not what I want. Hope you have a good Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't just start acting like our mothers as we age, we start looking like them too! sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself passing a mirror and there she is!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these because I get to know you more and more every week.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....