Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hodgepodge Wed. 10-16-2013

It's Wednesday so that means a whole new bunch of questions to find personal answers to. 

1. What was your biggest worry five years ago?  Is it still a worry? 

My youngest grandson was born with a breathing problem and had to be monitored 24 hrs. a day. If his alarm went off at any time, we had to get him to his breathing machine immediately. In the mist was a medicine that would open up his airways. We were all so scared that he might not make it. Thankfully today he's a strong little guy, healthy and happy. No more problems. Thank God.

2. Yesterday (October 15th) was National Grouch Day...what makes you grouchy? What cheers you up when you're feeling grouchy?

Getting up in the morning. What cheers me up? My coffee and my husband sitting at the table reading the morning paper.

3.  In one word, how does it feel to be photographed?

Uncomfortable.  I don't take a good picture at all, so when someone points a camera at me, I'm trying to figure out, in a split second, what can I do to make it look better. However, the best pictures I have of the "true me" were the ones my youngest daughter has taken when I didn't know it. I guess there's a lesson here.

4. Besides your parents, who would you say had the greatest influence on you in choosing your life path?  Explain. 

I'm going to be quite honest here. I can't think of a single soul, besides my parents.  
On second thought, there is one person… my husband. When he told me 47 years ago that he wanted to marry me and raise a family together, that was all I needed. I chose that as my life path… a wife and mother. And I don't regret it one bit.

5. The crisp days of autumn are here ...what's something you like to eat, but only if it's crisp?

Chili. That's almost self-explanatory. I love a mild chili, but I just can't eat it on a hot day. There has to be a chill in the air.

6. What's the most useless object you own?

My treadmill. It's not helping me one bit. It's useless. It just sits in the corner and collects dust. :)

7.  Share a favorite fall memory. 

Picture it…. 1963… small town in Ohio. It was a cold evening with a few snow flakes in the air. Our high school football team was up against a big rival school. My girlfriend and I decided to go to the game. Unbeknownst to me, she'd made plans to meet her boyfriend there.  When her and I got there, she scanned the whole stadium to find where he was sitting. We climbed up the stairs and he stood up to allow us to sit on the inside, away from the steps. The guy next to him moved over so her and I were seated between them. She then introduces me to the guy on my right. It was her boyfriend's brother. Him and I got along good that evening. He walked me home and we talked all the way. I had a great time.  Three years later, we were married.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.


There's lots of noise outside. The city has finally decided to do something about the pot holes in our street. Our street is 2 miles long (I know because I walk it) and it leads out to the cemetery gates. Consequently, all the funeral processions go past our house. The street  was suppose to be repaved this year, but since the project on Main Street is taking longer than planned, and costing more money than planned, our street won't be done for another 4 years. So they decided to just chip and seal.  We can't get out of our drive until they're done in this block, but it's ok. It's better than what we had. It's just going to be slow moving for several days, what with the fresh tar and the stones hitting the car. 

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet story of how you met your husband! That is a good friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fall memory! Where did you live/go to high school in Ohio? I'm wondering cuz I lived in a small town, Bucyrus. Hear of it? It's known for having the Bratwurst Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a sweet fall memory! My hubs and I met in college so fall does take me back to those days sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge Carol!! What a great story for your fall memory!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....