Monday, November 18, 2013

Quiet Monday

After yesterday's storms, I can finally relax and welcome this quiet Monday. When we get bad weather, with hard thunder storms and tornadoes, I always pace the floor, going from window to window, watching the clouds. I tried different activities to calm myself and get my mind off what was going on outside. My keyboard and practice music only worked for a few minutes. By the time it was all over, I was exhausted and went to bed.

The wind is still blowing strong today, but the sun keeps peaking out from the moderately gray clouds. The cold front behind the storms has blown in and it's getting cold again. Today's high is only going to be 48° and down to 28° tonight. Hubby and I call this "a 2-pot day". We're on our second pot of coffee.

Daughter #3 stopped in this morning and had coffee with us. Monday is one of her Hospice days so she has 3 clients to see for their therapeutic massage. Bob was reading the paper while she was here and she saw an obituary for one of her clients she was suppose to call today. This is one of those hard times for her, but I'm proud of her. She's learned how to not get too emotionally involved and handle any feelings of loss.

I got in some practice this afternoon, but I can't wait to talk to my instructor tomorrow. I'm still having trouble with those 8th notes. :(

While I was fixing supper, I got a text message with a picture.

No.5 grandson got his glasses today after school. He seemed very happy with them. I told him he looked smart and so grown-up.

One more picture I have to share.....

Shortly after his picture, another one came in on my phone. My brother in Texas got a new toy and he was as happy as a little boy on Christmas morning. He even asked me if I thought his wife would get upset with him if he slept with it. He's a character.

That's all for today.

Until next time...........

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful motorcycle your brother has!! Wow!

    Gson #5 is adorable!! How cute!

    I'm glad you were spared from the tornadoes and that you were finally able to get some rest. The devastation is terrible, and it is stressful when that kind of weather is all around you.

    So sorry to hear about your daughter's client. Bless her for working with Hospice patients, though. Not an easy thing to do, but a blessing for the patients and their families.

    Good luck with your 8th notes! You'll get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy the storm passed over and you are safe. Your grandson is a cutie! Nice motorcycle but I bet his wife says no...lol Keep working on that piano..you will get it soon, and be playing Christmas carols for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....