Sunday, December 22, 2013

Birthday weekend

We had our "joint" birthday party yesterday with all the kids and it was great. Our daughters, their husbands and all the grandkids were here. The man partly responsible for all of this, my hubby, even ordered a special cake for the 3 of us, decorated exactly as he told her and he played host for the night.


It was my turn to be treated special and I didn't do much of the work all evening. They ordered pizzas for supper and we sat around talking and laughing. Then we exchanged birthday gifts.

Oldest daughter Lisa (on the left) gave me a large crystal that sits on a rotating color-wheel stand. I love crystals and she definitely surprised me. It's beautiful and very heavy. Inside it says "Mom". Her twin sister Lori (on the right) gave me 2 new pieces for my Dickens Christmas village, which I haven't gotten out yet. I'll do that tomorrow so she can see the whole set Christmas Eve when they all come back.

Then the girls wanted pictures, and as I said in my last post, I wanted to get into some of them this time and not stay behind the camera, so we had some of the kids take the photos. I don't take a good picture, so I'm never happy with any of them I'm in, but I promised to share some of them, so here we go ...............

This is all of our grandkids, 7 by blood, 4 by "extended family". 

Lori and her husband Mike are never out of crazy antics. He has one of those dry sense of humor and surprises us sometimes. She's not really holding him. 
 This is Lisa with her husband Rob. You know the saying about a daughter will choose a husband that reminds her of her dad.... I didn't think she'd actually do it. 

Here's Bob and I with our 3 girls. Teresa, our youngest is in front. She's goofy too, just like her sisters, and when they all get together, we never know what they'll do. Teresa and Lori are my 2 massage therapists. Lori lives in Michigan and Teresa in Delphos. Lisa, on the right, lives here in town and is in college. She will be graduating with her masters in April. I'm so proud of my girls. 

I know Grandmas aren't suppose to have favorites, but these 3 boys are my pride and joy. They're Teresa's sons.... Curtis, 18, is in college at OSU... Marxen is 8 going on 18... and Bryan, the baby of the family is 7 going on 12. I don't know what we did right, but these boys are so smart, they've amazed me over and over with their talents and abilities. Marxen took some of the pictures last night. He's very good with a camera, always taking pictures. I might give him my camera for one day this summer and turn him loose. See what he brings back.  
Hollie, our only grand-daughter, made it up from FL to be with us. She told me last night that she'll be staying over until after Christmas. I couldn't have gotten better news. Here she's with her 'baby brother' Dylan. He has reached the top of my growth measuring board where I've kept track of all the kids. He's 6'9" and only 15 yrs. old!! Wears size 16 shoe!! These are Lori's kids. 

Last but not least are Lisa's 2 boys... Joe is 20 and works with the animal conservationist, traveling all over the country, doing shows at schools and other public events with several creatures from the rain forests. He loves it. He's hoping to become a veterinarian.  His little brother is Ian, 11 yrs. old, and our sports nut. 

I am done. Hope I didn't forget anyone. LOL And I hope I didn't bore you. This grandma had to take one post and do some bragging. 

Until next time............ 

2 comments:

  1. You have every right to brag as you have a wonderful family. You are so blessed to have them all together this year. Loved seeing your pictures of everyone. Happy for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I so enjoyed seeing all of the photos, and especially photos of YOU!!! Brag away - you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....