Merry Christmas! I hope you have had a blessed holiday with family and friends. It's hard to believe that in just a few more hours, this holiday will be history and we'll soon be moving into another new year. I love Christmas, always have, but for some reason this year has been kind of weird. I don't understand why and I can't find the words to express the feelings I've had. Just different.
Now, with the new year approaching fast, it's even worse. For me, this is not a "holiday". It's depressive. When we were younger, it was exciting, with the parties and the new presents to put into use or to wear. Now, I just hate to see it come. But I'll get through it.... I always do.
We had all the kids here last evening. We had all kinds of 'finger' foods and a huge ham that went fast, plus several pies, cakes, fudge, etc. Our boys are all big eaters and the line up at the buffet was never ending. The kids were all on their best behavior (I wonder why). lol
I managed to get my Dickens Christmas village set up yesterday morning so my daughter could see the new pieces she bought me with the whole set. I wasn't going to get it all out because it takes quite a bit of work and time, but now I'm glad I did. I always love to see it on the mantel and she felt good looking at it all and making notes on what to add to it next year. I'll need a larger mantel. The kids always enjoy looking at the little people.
After we said our last goodbyes to everyone last night, Bob and I stood on the front steps, looking at the bright stars to the east, and talked about how wonderful it would be if the Lord would come back on Christmas Eve.
Our weather yesterday wasn't too bad. It was cold, 9° when I got up! Then the sun came out and it got up to 24°. Today is another gloomy one -- windy and cold.
My wish is that all my friends and your families are having a blessed Christmas day and for good health and prosperity in the new year. God bless you all.






I feel exactly as you do about Christmas this year. It didnt have the excitement of years past, and it was sad to me. I know God is in control, but I just kept feeling like Jim wouldnt be here, the kids all have their own lives and are busy, and I just sit here and feel depressed. Not sure what will get me out of this mood....maybe going to church tonight will help. Glad you got to spend time with your bunch tho, and I love your village. I had started one at one time and for some reason, just let it go. My big bin of famous and special ornaments are still there...never put on the tree. Ok, I will hush, just didnt want you to think you were alone in these feelings.
ReplyDeleteI love your village. I always wanted one but now I don't have the room for one.
ReplyDeleteI echo your feelings about Christmas as well...maybe we're all just seeing Christmas in a different way and it's sort of an adjustment?