1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
Having studied photography years ago, I always wanted to be behind the camera. As I've gotten older and have seen the pictures taken of me, I now know --- I want to STAY behind the lens! I've never taken a 'selfie' but a lot of people are having fun with this new technology, including my grandchildren. My one and only grand-daughter lives in Florida now and if she every stops doing the selfies, I wouldn't be able to see her face.
2. Will you send out Christmas cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
I've always sent out cards at Christmas, but my list gets shorter and shorter each year. People pass away or move and I lose track of them. I'll get them in the mail next week.
3. Do you trust easily?
Yes I do, maybe too easily. Until a person shows me otherwise, I will trust them. I also trust tangibles like my coffee pot, my car, etc. What I don't trust is the weatherman. He doesn't always tell me the truth. :)
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
Well, pine, of course. I miss that smell of pine from the Christmas trees, but I use candles and spray. They don't leave a mess on the floor.
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or necessity?
I try to listen more and talk less, but I'm afraid I have often missed it. Yesterday, I listened, especially while my daughter was here. I let her talk and try not to tell her what to do like I have for so many years. From now on, I'm going to listen better.
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : )
I'm currently working on a couple Christmas carols on the keyboard, so they are stuck in my head, but I don't mind. Right now it's "Away in a Manger"
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
I'm afraid I'm not an explorer. I don't like taking risks or being in strange places where I feel at risk. However, one person I would have traveled with, if you can call him an explorer, would be Charles Ingles. He explored new territory to the west to find a new life for his family.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm a big movie fan. This past weekend I renewed my subscription to Netflix and rearranged some things around the house so I could hook it up to the TV in my office. Hubby has monopoly over the large screen TV in the living room and that would often prevent me from watching the movies I like. But this way we're both happy. After supper, it's movie night with no interruptions.
Having studied photography years ago, I always wanted to be behind the camera. As I've gotten older and have seen the pictures taken of me, I now know --- I want to STAY behind the lens! I've never taken a 'selfie' but a lot of people are having fun with this new technology, including my grandchildren. My one and only grand-daughter lives in Florida now and if she every stops doing the selfies, I wouldn't be able to see her face.
2. Will you send out Christmas cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
I've always sent out cards at Christmas, but my list gets shorter and shorter each year. People pass away or move and I lose track of them. I'll get them in the mail next week.
3. Do you trust easily?
Yes I do, maybe too easily. Until a person shows me otherwise, I will trust them. I also trust tangibles like my coffee pot, my car, etc. What I don't trust is the weatherman. He doesn't always tell me the truth. :)
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
Well, pine, of course. I miss that smell of pine from the Christmas trees, but I use candles and spray. They don't leave a mess on the floor.
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or necessity?
I try to listen more and talk less, but I'm afraid I have often missed it. Yesterday, I listened, especially while my daughter was here. I let her talk and try not to tell her what to do like I have for so many years. From now on, I'm going to listen better.
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : )
I'm currently working on a couple Christmas carols on the keyboard, so they are stuck in my head, but I don't mind. Right now it's "Away in a Manger"
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
I'm afraid I'm not an explorer. I don't like taking risks or being in strange places where I feel at risk. However, one person I would have traveled with, if you can call him an explorer, would be Charles Ingles. He explored new territory to the west to find a new life for his family.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm a big movie fan. This past weekend I renewed my subscription to Netflix and rearranged some things around the house so I could hook it up to the TV in my office. Hubby has monopoly over the large screen TV in the living room and that would often prevent me from watching the movies I like. But this way we're both happy. After supper, it's movie night with no interruptions.

Enjoyed reading your tidbits today...we agree on most all of them!
ReplyDeleteHodgepodge is such a good way to learn more about our friends here! I enjoyed your answers, Carol!!
ReplyDeleteI watch Netflix on my Ipad, but I need to figure out how to get it on our tv or computer. Maybe in 2014? Ha!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading and as always we answered much the same.
ReplyDelete