When I was much younger, I never thought much about the calendar years. The whole idea of seeing the year 2000 was so far away and whenever I thought of it, I pictured ......
Now, here we are facing the year 2014! {feeling a bit nostalgic} All I can say is 'thank you Lord for giving me these years'.
Our weather today is fairly nice. We have a blue sky with a light wind, so it's not too uncomfortable out there.
I don't have much planned for today. I'm just finishing up a load of laundry. Yesterday, Bob and I swept and steam cleaned the kitchen and bathroom floors, got some laundry done and even had time to get in some practice. We were so tired of eating ham, I had time to make chicken and dumplings for supper. I'm so glad he helped me. I got more accomplished than I figured I would.
When all the kids were here Christmas Eve, we all played a game called "Battle of the Sexes". It was the girls against the boys ( 6 girls and 7 guys) answering all sorts of trivia and miscellaneous questions on cards. When the guys asked us questions about cowboys, car parts and tools, we lost most of them. We did get most of the history questions, but when we drew cards for the guys about make-up, lingerie and cooking, they got the answers right! Very weird. And funny. It was so much fun, everyone laughing and having a great time.
Well, I better get going. My dryer will be buzzing at me in a few minutes.
I hope you're having a great day.
Until next time............



I know what you mean about time flying by...the years seem to be short, but I too am thankful I have lived these years. Sounds like a fun game you played. Have a nice afternoon. As we are having our 'Christmas' gathering tomorrow, I still have to wrap presents.
ReplyDeleteCarol, we have that game! It's lots of fun to play. We got a new one this year - Heads Up - and had a blast playing with the grandkids. Group games are just the best fun!
ReplyDeleteNice that you got so much accomplished!!