Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hodgepodge Wed. 1-15-2014

1. Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way?

I don't think I am, but I'm sure my Hubby thinks I am. I used to have a temper, but now that I'm old(er) I've learned it doesn't get me anywhere.

2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter?

I don't 'like' winter. In fact, that's not even an appropriate word.... let's try I 'HATE' winter!! Here in Ohio, USA, we get snow, ice, cold winds, etc. which makes it hard to get out and about. Then when I do, my body doesn't like the cold. I'm literally in pain until I can get warmed up again. 

3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?

I've heard of the health benefits of these foods, but around here they're hard to find. I've only had kiwi once and I wasn't very impressed with the taste. I'll stick with my apples, bananas, oranges and grapefruit.

4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?

We should always do the right thing to begin with. I've read a similar quote that said "If all else fails, God doesn't. Take a deep breath and pray."  

5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.

I don't ski but I do like watching them on TV. It amazes me the control they have when flying down the side of a mountain. If I was just visiting one of these locations, I would love to see Switzerland, not for the skiing, but for my niece living there. I'd love to see the country she now calls home.

6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)

My favorite body lotion comes from 'Bed, Bath and Beyond'. Since the nearest store is 40 miles from here, I had to do my shopping online.

7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?


8. Insert your own random thought here.

I have a doctor appointment this afternoon and I'm a little nervous. We'll be talking about the meds they have me on. She might change them to something I can tolerate better, and I'm afraid the transition will be difficult. 








5 comments:

  1. That is a great quote! I get nervous before my doctor's appointments too. Praying your appointment goes well and any medicine changes needed will go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the visit to the Dr. isnt bad at all. Let us know what he/she said or did. Is the ground still covered?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the dr. visit went well. I love the simple wisdom of Laura Ingalls Wilder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, first of all, I hope the doctor appointment went okay and that any changes will be easy for you. I love Hodgepodge and today's was especially interesting. I LOVE the quote you shared: "If all else fails, God doesn't. Take a deep breath and pray." Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm originally from Ohio although I haven't lived there since my teen years. All the other members of my family are still there, and I don't know how they stand the cold and snow. They are "Ohio proud" so rarely say anything bad about it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....