Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sat. Jan. 18

We got quite a bit more snow yesterday... just what we needed. Now we're in for another arctic blast. It's going to be back down into the negative numbers.

Right now it feels like 6° out there. The weatherman said this round of more arctic air will stay until the end of the month. Whoopee!

Too cold for me!!!

I'm ready for flowers, green grass and hummingbirds.


Day 3: I'm feeling kind of "spacey" today. The new medicine I'm on gives me that feeling of euphoria. Everything is ok, no need to worry, it'll be alright. That might sound a little dangerous, but it's not bad. I'm ok. One good thing is my constant desire for food is not like it was. Maybe my cravings will go away and I might lose some weight.

I got some bad news first thing this morning. My sister called to tell me our cousin John was in the hospital. They removed a large mass Thursday from his colon. He has stage 4 colon cancer. The oncologist was very optimistic but said he'll need more surgery. That's all the details I have right now. He's in intensive care so I can't go see him yet. He's my age; we grew up together. If you would, we'd appreciate prayer for him.

I have no plans for today. I got the laundry done so the rest of the day is mine. I've got to get some practice in. I'm not doing very well in that department right now. Shhhh..... don't tell my teacher.

Until next time..............

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your cousin and I would gladly pray for him. What is your new medicine? For? Hope it works out ok for you. I know you have to be so tired of the snow and cold. We surely are half way through this old cold winter. I wouldnt feel like practicing either in these old grey days. I am sure you will pick it back up soon, and knowing your teacher, am sure she will understand. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am grieved that your cousin has to go through this. I said a prayer for him and his family. My husband's family has trouble with colon cancer deaths. He gets a colonoscopy regularily. I highly recommend this procedure for everyone. This cancer grows slowly and it preventable.

    Good luck on the diet. I gave up caring about my weight a few years ago. I used to try every diet out there. Now I only try to eat in moderation and walk a lot.

    God bless. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, Carol, and will certainly be praying for him. Hope your body gets used to the new medicine soon. Those strange feelings have to be a little scary. You seem to be handling it well, though. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your cousin. I sure hope your new medication does the trick and that the "spacey" feeling goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....