Joyce's page
1. What's the biggest change since your childhood in the way people think or act?
In today's society, there's such a lack of respect for anyone or anything. Plus I have to also mention how so many don't want to take responsibility for their own actions. It's always "someone else's fault". A man will beat his wife to a pulp but it was her fault. A child will hit their parent or cuss at them, because the children aren't being taught respect and it wasn't their fault. The parents made the child mad. If I had ever done that to my parents, I still wouldn't be able to sit down.
2. The Olympic Biathlon involves cross country skiing broken up with either two or four rounds of target shooting. Which part of that would stress you out more? Or would you love them both equally?
I think the target shooting would be the hardest to accomplish. After pushing the body to its limits in the skiing, the athlete has to stop suddenly and calm themselves in order to hit a target. That has to be very difficult. I've done target shooting and I know you can't have a nervous problem at the time.
3. February is National Canned Food Month...what is your most often purchased canned food item? What was in the last can you opened?
I buy a lot of canned green beans mainly because Hubby likes them. The last can I opened was last evening and it was green beans to go with his pork chops and sweet potatoes.
4. What river (anywhere in the world) would you most like to cruise?
If I have to choose, I'd have to say the Mississippi. Not much in the way of good scenery, but no alligators!
5. It's the middle of the night and you can't sleep...what do you do? Count sheep? Toss and turn? Watch television? Or do you get up and do something productive?
I'll usually turn on the TV or if I'm in a middle of a good book, I'll read. That usually makes me sleepy again. Sometimes it may take a couple hours and the sun may be coming up, but it usually works. However, that makes for a long day.
6. How important is keeping your cool?
Very important. I used to have an awful temper and I hated doing that so much, but with the help of my doctor and my Lord, I've mellowed out and keep my cool, most times.
7. I've got white stuff on the brain so why not run with it? White lie, wave the white flag, white knuckle it, white wash a situation, or white as a sheet... which phrase could most recently apply to your own life in some way?
Out of those choices, I'd say "white knuckle it". Life can be frustrating and difficult, but I hang on tight and enjoy the ride.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
What's on my mind again? The weather, of course. After all the snow storms and frigid weather we've had all winter, now it's going to be quickly warming up in the next couple days, bringing us the threats of damaging thunder storms and TORNADOES!! Then it's going back down to very cold temperatures and possibly another snow storm. This has been a crazy ride. I want summer. Forget spring. Lets have some hot days and lots of sunshine.

I am with you on the weather situation. It sure gets old. Liked your other answers too. I dont have a temper and have been accused of being too mushy! lol
ReplyDeleteWe've got freezing rain here today which is messy. There's plenty of snow for it to land on though : ) Spring never happens here in February. Even post March 21st it likely will not feel like spring. Early May is typically when we get spring.
ReplyDeleteLove your answers, Carol. I look forward to reading Hodgepodge posts. I agree with you about loss of respect in #1. We also answered cruising the Mississippi!!
ReplyDelete