Wednesday, July 2, 2014

7/2 Hodgepodge


Another Wednesday... another version of Hodgepodge. Thank you, Joyce, at From This Side of the Pond  I hope you enjoy today's questions and my answers. If you would like to join in the fun, here's where you can find more information...... Click here

1. Speaking of 180 ... when was the last time you 'did a 180' on something?

I can't think of a thing. I'm stubborn so when I plan to do something it usually gets done. I may have to lay aside the plans for a spell, but I can't remember a time when I had to do a 180. 

2. It's Independence Week in the US of A! What's your favorite thing about America right this very minute? Favorites only! Let's hear what you love about America.

Our freedom.... something we must NOT take for granted anymore. We've had a US presidential administration for the last 6 years that has succeeded to do things to this country that we never thought would happen here. 

3. Stars or stripes? Red, white, or blue? Watermelon, homemade vanilla ice cream, or blueberry pie?

Stars .... red ... homemade vanilla ice cream! 

4. When did you last see stars, figuratively speaking?

Today.... I suffer from a hemiplegic migraine, otherwise known as a "silent" migraine, that affects my eyesight. Often times I'll have spells that can last just a few minutes, or even days, that causes floating stars, among other things. Not much fun. 
If you'd like to know more about this, check out this web site:  HERE

5. 'Clear as a bell', 'with bells on', 'lots of bells and whistles', 'saved by the bell'...which phrase 'rings' truest for you lately? Have you ever seen The Liberty Bell?

Lots of bells and whistles.... I'm a modern technology junkie. I love seeing the recent advances in many things, such as computers and cell phones. When the iPhone first came out, I got excited. I did lots of research on them to see what all a person can do with one. It took a couple years, but I finally got one and I love it. Compared to my old cell phone, this has lots of bells and whistles.

No, I've never seen the Liberty Bell, but I would love to. There again (see #2), the bell comes from a time in this country's history and our freedoms.

6. Are you caught up in World Cup fever? Have you watched a lot or a little or none at all?

None at all. I'm not into that sport and have not followed any of it.

7. Bid farewell to June in 10 words or less.

A good month, our #1 grandson turned 21 and we had no severe storms. (13)
Oops... I went over, I know. It's always been hard for me to limit words. I'll tell a story in all the details and drive people crazy.

8. Insert your own random thought(s) here.

1) As of 12:00 noon today, we are officially half-way 2014. Now's when we should start our Christmas shopping. We can pick up some good bargains before the prices go up in Dec. 

2) A Facebook friend of mine had a tornado rip through their town Monday night. She's ok. It missed her house, but her parents had a lot of damage done to their place. Her parents are in their 80's and are very shook up over this. According to what she wrote last night, she's very worried about her mother. 
The day we had an F4 go through here, taking out one whole side of our town, that changed me. It missed our neighborhood by less than a mile, but the emotional damage is also horrible. I've never been so scared. And now, whenever I hear of a warning or watch, I instantly get so nervous I can barely function. 

Happy 4th of July! You have a fun, safe, holiday weekend. 

5 comments:

  1. Good answers today, and I wish you a Happy 4th too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your migraine. I've never had one myself, but I've heard they can be awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers, however, I hope you're feeling better now. Those migraines are awful. My step-mom suffered with them too. I'm lucky, I guess, I only give headaches. *giggle*

    We went through one tornado in 1995. It hit the church next door just skirting us. I grabbed the dogs and hubby and RAN to the middle bathroom (no windows). It howled, shook the ground and the house. I thought we where dead. SCARED ME GOOD AND PROPER!! I hope to never go through one of those again. Heartfelt sympathies to anyone hit by a tornado.

    Hope you all have a happy 4th. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my friend!! I'm just here catching up on my friends here. I miss blogging so much, but there just isn't time right now. I read back to completely catch up with you, love your hodge podge answers as always. Keep practicing...I put in 4 HOURS today!! Sheesh, I'm tired!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge. I think it's worth a giggle that most of us answered the same on the 180 question.... too stubborn to change our once-made-up mind!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....