Saturday, August 23, 2014

I'm still here.....

As the title says..... I'm still here and kicking. I may be weighed down with worry and despair, but it won't defeat me. I came into this world kicking and screaming with no plans to quit. Not yet, anyways.

PAST ....... we had the annual Friends of the NRA banquet last Saturday. We all had a good time. We raised $7,000 more than we brought in last year. It was a good evening.

My long-lost childhood friend was in town the past 2 weeks to see her kids and grandkids. Her and I had a good time together this past week. We talked and reminisced for hours.
Penny [on the right] and me

Friday she came over early and Bob took us out for lunch. It was a dreary, rainy day and, of course, we both got a little damp when we went out, but I still wanted a picture. Bob did pretty good with my camera. At least he's learned how NOT to cut off our heads. Yesterday, Penny got on a plane and went back home to Florida.

PRESENT ...... we started out having a quiet day. There's so much I should be doing, but that lazy feeling I'm so familiar with, has hit me again. I took my vitamins but they don't seem to help much on the "lazies". Bob decided to go out and mow. It's hot and humid so I have to keep an eye on him and keep his glass full of cool water. I told him not to do any of the trimming today. That can wait. I went out when he'd finished to sweep off the patio and steps, then began pulling some weeds. About 20 minutes was all I could take. We put things away and came back inside.

FUTURE .... this next week is the last one for this August. Where has the summer gone? My calendar for this next week doesn't look too bad right now. Our grandsons head back to school on Monday. I think 2 of them might be just a little bit excited and ready to go back to see their friends. Then Thursday our county fair starts and runs until after Labor Day. I used to like fair week but now it just means that summer is almost over and winter is fast approaching. We may go out to the fair once. I have to have my elephant ear.



NOW FOR A BIT OF TRIVIA....  do you know what this is?

I hope you're having a great weekend. 

Until next time.......... 

4 comments:

  1. Drive In Theater. We have one about 20 miles from us. lol
    So glad you enjoyed being with your friend and catching up. It is miserably hot and humid here too, and I just dont go out unless absolutely necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lakeland still has a drive-in theater, and they show first-run movies there. I have many memories of going to the drive-in with my folks and brother & sister. Those were the days...

    Glad you enjoyed your time with your friend, and that the NRA event went so well! Hard to believe August is almost over. Whoooooshhhhh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drive In! (giggles)--hot and humid here in Western NY..suppose to be hot this week..I guess the last hurrah of summer. Glad you had a nice time with your friend. Have a great upcoming week. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carol! Just stopping in quickly. I hope to compose my own entry soon....sooooo busy! That's so wonderful that you got to see your friend! I can't believe summer is over - I have no idea where it went. I'm trying to get all my summer chores done...a summer's worth of work in a week! I hope you enjoyed your elephant ear.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....