Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday blahs

I thought I'd check in today after a long absence. I still don't have anything to report though. You'd figure I'd be full of news, but sadly I'm not.

All is well here and that's all that matters.

I have been having a rough time the last couple weeks with my (silent) migraine. I've been light-headed and having vision problems in my right eye again. It doesn't seem to be getting any better. I wish, and pray, there was something that would make it all go away and not just lessen the symptoms, but then I remember that there's a lot of very sick people that are saying the same thing. My problems seem so small when I think of them.

“I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet” -- Helen Keller

My calendar for the next 2 weeks is filling up fast. We have a baby shower for my grand-daughter Hollie this weekend. I need to go shopping for baby gifts. That's going to be fun. I haven't bought tiny clothes in a long time. I was hoping I'd get to buy little pink things, but "his" mother said no. hahaha

It's also Hollie's 22nd birthday Sunday. Then we have our 2 youngest grandsons next week. The oldest of the 2 will have his 10th birthday on Tuesday. I need to get a gift for him. Friday, my girlfriend in Florida, Penny Jo, is coming up to spend 2 weeks here in town with her son and sisters. She'll call me when she wants to come down. I can't plan anything with her because of all the other activities going on.

Bob has meetings all through the next 2 weeks which means I have to put dinner on the table early each night for him. Next Saturday is the annual NRA banquet at the Elks, which is the reason for all the meetings and the set-up that afternoon. I may go out and help them, if I feel up to it. I am going to the banquet. There will be several friends there that night. We all went last year and had a great time.

I hope all is well with you. God bless.


3 comments:

  1. If you thought you didnt have any news, as I read on I got tired of all that is coming your way. lol I sure do wish that migraine goes away and stays away. Is it worse in summer, or do the seasons not matter. When they hit, they hit and hard I am sure. Monday is behind us and on we go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I'm retired, I love weekdays and dread the weekends. The absolute worse thing ever created for us country folks was 4 Wheelers. They are a nuisance when the little brats are home tearing up & down the road at all hours, trashing the place and totally undisciplined because their non-parents are off annoying someone else. *sigh*

    Oh, I wish I could attend the NRA banquet too. We finally re-joined a couple of years ago. Please tell everyone from us "stay strong" and keep fighting the good fight. I appreciate all our other members very much. God bless ya.

    I wish I could help with the headaches. I guess you're under a Doctor's care. I pray that you'll be healed soon.

    All is well here. I still miss Lucy very much, but life goes on. I just stay busy and try to remember the good times. Thank you for your prayers and concern. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I sure hope your migraine goes away so you can enjoy all that you have coming up the next two weeks. Keep us posted as you feel up to it!! I've missed you, but sure understand being in pain. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....