Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge 8-12-2014


Another week has flown by, so we have another edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thank you, Joyce.

Joyce stated today that she's going to take a little break next week, so "no HP August 20th, but we will return to our regularly scheduled programming the following week-August 27th". You have a good week, Joyce. We'll "see" you when you get back.

1. The best part of waking up is_______________________.

Folgers in my cup. Sorry, I couldn't resist that. Seriously, the best part is my ability to get out of my bed, put my feet on the floor and being able to thank God for giving me another day.

2. Given a choice, which animal interaction would you most like to experience (or for those non-adventurers ... which would you dislike the least?) - Swim with the dolphins at one of several locations in the Florida Keys, a lion encounter ten minutes from Victoria Falls (Africa), or a day at a remote base camp high in the Big Sur wilderness via the Ventana Wildlife Society helping track California condors?

The older I get, the less adventurous I become. Years ago I might have been able to say 'yes' to swimming with the dolphins. But now, I'm afraid I wouldn't want to do any of those things, but the one I'd like the least would be the lions. Beautiful cats, but no thank you.

3. What is something you fear about 'old age'? What is something you look forward to?

I'm knocking on that door right now and with the changes I'm experiencing, my worst fear is not being able to take care of myself. Or losing myself to Alzheimer. Something I'm looking forward to is the birth of my first great-grandchild this coming October.

4. Hot sauce ... are you a fan? If you answered yes, what's something you make/eat that must have hot sauce? On a scale of 1-10 how hot is too hot?

I've never been a fan. I don't like spicy foods and now my stomach has taken a very strong dislike to it.

5. It's been said that children learn what they live. What do you think children learn at your house?

Respect..... for their elders and for other people's property. I see children in the stores with their parents and I'm appalled at the lack of respect they have. They scream, hit and swear at their parents and they play with everything they can get their hands on. No one stops them. I'm not going to see my grandchildren do the same. Their mothers (my daughters) do a great job and I just reaffirm those teachings.

6. What's your favorite movie with a number in it's title?

I have a few .... The Ten Commandments, 101 Dalmatians (I used to watch this with my grandson. He loved the movie and never got tired of it), and 50 First Dates. I just think it's cute.

7. Saturday (August 16th) is National Tell a Joke Day...share one here.

I'm the only blonde in our family so my younger brother loves to rub it in with blonde jokes for me. As they say -- I've got a million of them. hahahaha 

"There was a blonde, a redhead, and a brunette. They were all trapped on an island and the nearest shore was 50 miles away. The redhead, trying to make it to the other shore, swam 15 miles, drowned, and died. The brunette swam 24 miles, drowned, and died. The blonde swam 25 miles, got tired, and swam back."

8. Insert your own random thought here.

My nephew is coming this afternoon to work on my computer. I've done all I know to do, so hopefully he can get my "baby" back to good health. Plus we have the 2 youngest grandsons coming today to spend the afternoon with us while their mother goes to see some of her Hospice clients. 

I hope you're having a great day. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, I agree with you...I think lions are beautiful at a distance.
    Congratulations on the up-coming birth of your great-grandchild.
    101 Dalmatians is a good choice for a number movie.
    Enjoy your company and I hope your computer gets fixed.

    I'm visiting from Hodgepodge Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching respect! Very important! I'm with you on that! Have a good week - or two weeks til HP comes around again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answers. You're always so sensible. LOVE the blonde joke! I'm gonna use that one.

    I too am deeply concerned about contracting Alzheimers. My step-mother died from it. It's not pretty. So, being Medically Impaired, this prompted me to do a lot of studying about this subject. Sugar is deadly and known to contribute to Alzheimers, Dementia, and heart disease. Also, using Coconut Oil when cooking helps combat the disease (they're still studying this one). These are just my opinion, so, be sure to study it youself.

    Having a lovely day. We're up in SC today for the overnighter and already I'm home sick and miss the dogs. I'm such a stick in the mud. (ha ha) ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good answers; I dont like hot things either. Old age is no fun and I see changes every day in my life. I fear dementia and Alzheimers. I took care of my aunt who had dementia and I dont want to end up the way she did. Respect and manners, which dont seem to be taught this day and time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed 50 First Dates, too. Didn't think of that one! Your joke is the funniest one I've read today!! Great Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....