Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hodgepodge for 9/10/2014


I missed last week's hodgepodge, but I'm doing my best to participate this week.

Our questions:
1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way?
No, just pray for all the families that lost loved ones that day and pray for the safety of all of us and our country. Our enemy is living on our soil and capable of doing anything that will kill so many more.

2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone?
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. I'm still old school on all those. 

3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
No it's not. Those subjects can, and will, rile up some emotions that will not benefit the relationship. It's often not good with family members.

4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month?
Chili and pumpkin pie, not necessarily together but both scream autumn and cooler temperatures for me. I haven't had any yet, but as soon as the weather gets cold you'll find my crock pot full of chili. 

5. What's something you know nothing about?
Brain surgery.

6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece?
I don't like ALL classical music, but there are some I just love, for example Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata mvt 1  (see the video to the right.... I've had this on my blog page for quite some time)

7. What's the oldest thing you own?
Half the clothes in my closet!  I do have an antique piece of furniture that's probably close to 100 yrs. old that my father refinished for a wedding gift when Bob and I were married. It's an old washstand that had been painted pink.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
 Autumn is fast approaching. I do like this time of year with the colors and cool temperatures. We were able to shut down the a/c a few days ago and now we're sleeping with the windows open. But along with that comes the seasonal allergy to high levels of mold. I woke up sniffling, coughing and blurry eyes. With the good comes the bad.

Thank you for coming by. You have a good day.

3 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to fall, but not so much a hard winter. We still use alarm clocks, paper maps and all the others....old school here too. Cant wait for that chili and pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half the clothes in my closet are ancient, too, Carol. Your answer made me chuckle! Great Hodgepodge, again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No school like the old school Ha ha! We're so alike sometimes it amazes me!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....