I can hardly believe it. It's Monday, the proverbial dreaded day, but I can truthfully say 'I had a great Monday'. More details later.
It's also been a beautiful day. We've had several spring-like days, or I guess I should call them Indian summer. Clear skies, lots of sunshine and very comfortable temperatures in the 70's. Perfect. This picture was taken Sunday by a guy across the state line in Indiana, another "weather geek" like me. He's an early riser, NOT like me, so he's able to take beautiful pictures like this of the sun coming up. Absolutely breath-taking.
In the news: the CDC has reported they have seen a rise in Hand, Foot and Mouth disease in small children lately. They said there were no known cases in our area, but everyone with children should watch for the spots and lesions around those areas and in the mouth. When news of this kind comes out, I always notify my youngest daughter so she can keep an eye (and ear) out for any signs on my small grandsons.
The worst news though is the enterovirus 68 respiratory virus that's still spreading across the country, in 40 states. There're so many diseases that they're now giving them a number. Now there are 9 children in Colorado that are paralyzed. The children had the virus 2 weeks before the paralysis, described as polio-like symptoms, but the CDC isn't saying there is a direct connection. They're only saying "the culprit may be the respiratory virus". It's very scary.
I'm happy to report the new med my doctor put me on when I saw her last week is helping me so much. I'm feeling so much better. And Bob saw his heart doctor the same day. He told Bob he was doing very well and within the year he'll be off ALL the medicines he's taking.
On my schedule for tomorrow, Tues..... I'll be meeting my sister when she gets off work. I haven't seen her in over a month or more. We have so much to catch up on.
Until next time..............


WOW, it seems like every single day something else bad steps up. The virus that is attacking children is worse now because school is back in session and if one gets sick, others get whatever it is. The picture is awesome. Glad to hear the med is helping you and good news about Bob being able to get off all of his.
ReplyDeleteThat is good news about the med's. I wish I could stop taking some of mine. It seems as I age, the doc adds more and more. At least none of them are mind or personality altering.
ReplyDeleteThe photo is spectacular. He's quite talented. We have pretty sunrises here if I would get up early enough. *grin* And to think we both used to get up at 4:30 am 5 days a week. If I had to do that now, I'd be in the hospital from exhaustion. *lol*
All these new viruses are the germ warfare waged against US by the Federal Gooberment and Mexico. They're in kahoots, you know, since Obama hates America and wants us overrun too. The next two years is really gonna drag by.
Stay safe out there y'all. ~:)
I'm so glad you're both doing better health wise. I hope you continue to have some beautiful weather to enjoy.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your new medicine is really helping!! I'm trying to catch up with everyone, here on blogger. It was so good to meet you and Bob!!
ReplyDelete