Thursday, October 9, 2014

Throwback Thursday

In 1966 I graduated from Ohio State Beauty Academy and passed my state board exam in Columbus, OH. My first job was in Wilma's Beauty Salon on Main St. Ohio.

I worked with a great bunch of gals that were always surprising me with one antic after another. They were serious when they needed to be, but I think all our clients loved to come in just for the entertainment. The shop was always filled with laughter.


I remember this day in particular. I had time between appointments, so the girls asked if I'd run out and get them some pop. As I was leaving the shop, heading for my car, I heard a strange noise behind me, like a man's cat-call. I usually don't pay any attention to those, but out of the corner of my eye, I saw it was all the girls standing in the doorway, with a camera.

The whole prank didn't work exactly as they planned, though. Our local National Guard division, of which my Hubby was a member, was leaving town at the time and my attention went in that direction and not toward the girls, as they wanted. Consequently, all they got was this shot of me.

2 comments:

  1. lol, enjoyed hearing about your memories and the fun you had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great photo of a very fun memory, Carol! Thanks for sharing it with us! I'm sure you have some great stories from your time in that salon! Sounds like it was a great place to work, and I'm sure the clients loved you all.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....