Sunday, our daughter came down from Michigan to be with her daughter Hollie.
Monday evening, Hollie went into labor, went to the hospital, only to be sent back home.
Tuesday afternoon, the contractions started again and quickly advanced to 2 minutes apart. They took her back to the hospital and this time, they kept her.
Wednesday morning, they are still in the hospital, playing the waiting game. The contractions come and then stop.
Wednesday, 4:59 pm, baby is here.His name is Skye Xavier M....
He weighed in at 8 lbs. 10 oz., 21" long and
he's perfect.

Great-grandpa Bob couldn't wait to hold him.
Then I finally got my turn. It felt so good cradling a newborn in my arms again. It's been a long time. As I held him, and looked at that little face, I thought about this little person having our blood flowing through his veins.

One thing I know for sure.... He's going to grow up with family values, plus a solid sense of right and wrong.
He's also going to be very intelligent. Maybe become a doctor. Or maybe a musician. That would be nice.
I pray the Lord will let me stay here long enough to see him grow into a young man.
What a sweet picture of him, you and your hubby. I feel the same way you do, Lord please me live long enough to see them grow up. Congratulations on a precious gift from Heaven.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to all!! What a lucky boy to have you two as his grandparents! I look forward to seeing photos over these next weeks, months, and years - watching him grow into that young man with you!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations dear friend!! I saw on FB he arrived and so of course I had to come see your blog! Precious indeed! Things are slowing down some for me...for a while...I hope to catch up with my blogger friends very soon.
ReplyDelete