Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trick or Treat Saturday

Yesterday afternoon our town had their annual Halloween festival. Several things were going on up on Main Street in front of the stores. Each store had something different. Families took their little ones uptown for costume judging, all kinds of treats and give-aways, plus lots of other activities.

A friend of mine posted these pictures that she took....




This is my youngest grandson, Bryan (age 5) all dressed up.
  

 We stayed home and passed out candy to the little ones who knocked on our door. Two of our daughters and their families came over to enjoy it all.

Another friend sent me an email with several pictures of carved pumpkins made by Ray Villafane, The Pumpkin Master. Some were pretty gross but I liked this one.

I have a hard time every year when it comes to Halloween. I don't like taking part in the activities, the monster costumes, the ghosts and goblins, and I definitely don't like my grandchildren being involved because of the true meaning of this 'holiday'. Two of my grandson won't do anything, won't dress in costumes to go out trick or treating, (The other 4 are too old.) and that's fine with me. I tell their parents... don't force them. The littlest one doesn't understand any of it. He just sees the fun of dressing up as someone else and getting candy from his grandparents and their neighbors. ------ Just wanted to explan that.

I have so many other things on my mind today, but I don't feel comfortable sharing them right now. If I find the words, I will.

God bless. And have a great day.




3 comments:

  1. Great photos! I understand about not wanting to participate. The original meaning for Halloween is not something I am comfortable with, either. I do think it has become something entirely different, and even our church celebrates it with a costume contest and trunk-or-treat. The kids seem to enjoy dressing up, and I remember enjoying it, too! The pumpkin carving is amazing! Hope you are having a good day, Carol! God bless you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures, but especially your background! I am not big on Halloween, but much prefer the harvest, colors, fall, etc. Hope whatever is bothering you, works out to the good soon. God bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This entry did not show up in my feed...I had to come looking to see if you had posted. It sure isn't the same as Multiply here.

    I'm sorry something is bothering you, please know I am here if you want someone to talk to.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....