The last day of October.... it's hard to believe. I've already got into that holiday mood. Not the good kind, the kind that sets my nerves on edge. I have all that planning and buying rushing toward me and I don't want it. Each year Scrooge wants to take over my body and I have to fight him off.
I just got off the phone with my youngest daughter. We talked an hour and a half, which is I guess is normal for us. She lives 30 miles south of us and doesn't get to town very often anymore, so we have to catch up on the phone. Her youngest will be 6 next month and he wants Ohio State decorations for his party. I told her I'd go looking for things. That's not going to be hard. This town is big on OSU stuff. And I'm going to get his cake.
We are still dealing with the remnants of Sandy. It's been so dark, windy and rainy. We even got 2½" of snow last night, but it melted right away. I hope the weatherman is right when he said it was going to warm up to 45° and we could see some sun briefly tomorrow around 3:00. Whenever the sun shines, that's a good day. I just don't want to miss it. hahaha
A little Halloween trivia... the warmest Halloween we have had in our area was 82° back in 1950. :) I was 4. This year it was only 39°.
Election day is fast approaching and we are hearing all kinds of stories, on TV news and in our newspaper, about fraudulent activities. I just heard that people are calling folks and having them vote over the phone so they don't have to get out to the polls next week. Another item reported people knocking on doors to collect their absentee ballots to save them time. The sad part is all the people that believe this is right. Then there's the violence. It's everywhere. But I won't get started on that subject.
We change our clocks this Sunday. We fall back. I've got to make a note on the white board so I don't forget. We did last year. Of course, it takes Bob and I 20 min. to go through the house and change ALL our clocks. :)
Well, I think I'll get my Kindle and go to bed with a good book.
Take care. God bless. ♥
The holidays have been given over to my children, and I enjoy through their efforts. They were raised by a Moma that loved to decorate, cook, play the music, etc., so now I can sit back and see my efforts put into place. The election and voting - be glad to see it over. I got my new Kindle Fire in the mail yesterday, so going to play with it today, rest, relax and hope my pain subsides a little. God bless you today.
ReplyDeleteI have given up cooking for Thanksgiving. We are going out. Christmas is quiet for us. The kids don't come anymore, and we don't go north, to the cold and snow. Friends invite us there, but maybe they will plan Christmas dinner out, since we're treating them to Thanksgiving out this year. We don't shop anymore. We do some small thing, to open, and then give gift cards. We can't keep up with all the likes and dislikes...and the kids and grandkids appreciate the money. Makes it easier. Maybe not quite "the spirit" but we do appreciate THE reason for the season!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for the election to be over, and just hope and pray that we can bring this country back to God and the constitution. Hope you had a good evening!