Friday, November 30, 2012

Fri. Nov. 30

The last day of November!! It's amazing how fast this year has gone. I often wonder.... what did I miss while my days were flying by?

Our weather today was suppose to be warm and sunny. The temperature is around 51° but the sun has only peaked out a few times.

My last couple days have been very busy, but very productive. Wednesday I spent the whole day cleaning. I steam cleaned the kitchen, among other things. After all the cleaning was done, we freshened up and went out for supper.

Yesterday Hubby helped me clean my office and move things around. When I get the chance to put him to work, he REALLY works! The room is divided according to the work I do.... my boss' files, papers and disks are on one side of the room, while my personal files and things are on the other side. He sometimes comes in to work with me or get some paperwork I typed up for him, so I have a chair and table by his files where we can work. But yesterday Hubby helped me move furniture where I finally got my printer/scanner up on a stand where I don't have to get on my knees to get to it. Things feel more comfortable now, knowing everything is organized and clean.

Our #2 grandson just left. He's 18 and is getting ready to go to Ohio State U.  He wanted to update us on how that's been going. Classes start Jan. 7th, but right now he's in the process of getting info on his dorm and orientation week. Our 'baby' is going to college and be on his own. Talk about time flying!!! One good thing... he's only going to be 2 hours away. He's given his boss 2 week notice on quitting his job so he has time to prepare to leave plus enjoy the coming holidays.

He also came down to have Grandpa sharpen his straight razor. It tickled us when he said he wanted one. So Grandpa got him a nice one. I didn't think there was any man younger than 50 who used those anymore. He likes it. Bob put a good edge on it today, then worked with him again on how to do it himself. Bob also gave him a sharpening stone to keep in his kit.

I've worked several hours the last couple days on the genealogy project I'm putting together for another one of our grandson's. Since joining Ancestry, I've found so much information. I found one of Bob's relatives he didn't know anything about. All we had was a picture of him with his cavalry unit and their horses, and only a partial name (nickname and last name). I got so excited. It took several hours to piece together, but well worth it.

Today's devotional: 
“What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him  — 1 Corinthians 2:9

Wishing you a great day and a wonderful weekend ahead.
God bless.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carol! I am amazed at how fast the time has gone by these past couple of months. I'm almost numb thinking that it is December already. You have been busier than busy! I'm glad you are enjoying Ancestry.com!! My nephew is at OSU. He started in the Fall, though. I wish you a good weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the time is going by entirely too fast.....I want to stop and enjoy it, but by the time I do, it has already left! lol Dont you like it when things are in order and organized? I know I do. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dated my student's notebooks today and it still didn't even sink in that it was the last day of November until I read your post! Oh my!

    I love a newly organized space! Congrats on all the accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....