Happy 12/12/12! I was going to write this when the clock also said 12:12 but I'm too late. When you think about it, this will be the only day we can say that in our lifetime. Now, the big question.... does that make you feel good or sad?
I've only got a few minutes to do this. My boss has sent me so much work to get done for him today so I have to get at it. Plus Bob is going through the Christmas lights to see if we have enough working strings to put on the tree. We've had a pre-lit tree for years and loved it. Until the lights started going out. So last year we sat on the living room floor for hours, cutting the strings off. Now we have just a big 'fake' tree.
Yesterday was busy for me. I met my sister for breakfast at Orchard Tree. We sat and talked, laughed, etc. for 2 hours. When we left there, I had errands to run. I got home around noon. I then spent the next 2½ hours working for my boss. I got that paperwork done and emailed off to him but I was too tired to start on the next batch. I told him I'd have it ready by this afternoon. So I better get at it.
Hope you are having a good day.
Take care.
God bless.
Cutting off the lights is a great idea. I think we're on our 3rd pre-lit tree. Never thought to just take the old lights off. Ours get brittle after a few years, anyway. Our only storage is in the attic above the garage, and it stays over 100 degrees pretty much year round up there. How great that you had such a good visit with your sister!! I love sitting at the table and talking with family and friends, whether at home or out in a restaurant. Great times!!
ReplyDeleteHope you got your work done and can relax this evening!!
You are smart to take the lights on the old tree. I would never have thought to do that. We always had a live tree when our kids were little and still at home, but since then, we do the fake one. Glad you got to visit with your sister and have some laughs and fun.
ReplyDeleteGood job coming up with the idea of cutting off the old lights instead of throwing out the whole tree!
ReplyDeleteThe time with your sister sounds great - I"m glad you got out for a while and enjoyed yourself.
I'll let ya go...you have a busy day ahead!