For my friends in the south.... here's what the last storm gave us (5½ inches!) with another 1-3 inches possible tonight. It's pretty from the living room window, but when I have to get out in it, it's not as pleasant. I do like the way it muffles all the outside noise and everything seems so peaceful. This snow is heavy which makes the branches on the pine tree bow down.
We have no plans for this evening except the usual. We'll be watching TV and depending how tired I am at midnight, I may watch the ball in Times Square. The show hasn't been the same tho' since Dick Clark's not there. I can still hear his voice doing the countdown.
With the new snowfall tonight, slippery roads expected, and people partying, I hate to think of the possible results. I hope everyone is extra careful.
So far today I've played with my iPhone, finished 2 loads of laundry and that's about it. We still have the Christmas decorations to take down, but I don't feel like doing that today, and neither does Bob. Later I'm making a meatloaf for our supper. Tomorrow's dinner is still a mystery. There are numerous traditions for that first new year meal and I've done the pork roast a few times. Is there any tradition that you follow year after year?
On my iPhone I've been searching for an app that would make uploading my pictures easier. I've tried a couple but didn't like the way they worked. The reason I'm doing this is because of a project I'm thinking about doing this next year. It's a picture diary. Each day I would take a picture of something that would represent my day, or my mood, or the people I interacted with, anything like that. It sounded like fun. I've tried to do a written diary, even one on the computer, but always lose the desire or don't have the time to sit down and write an entry. I can't even keep up with a daily blog. But my passion is photography, so I thought I might try this starting tomorrow. I wonder how long I can keep up with it. We'll see. :)
Wishing you a very Happy New Year.
May God bless you richly.

I love photos too, and even tho I am not very good at it, I still take them constantly. My kids tease me, but one day they will be glad old Mom took those pictures. I look forward to yours and Happy New Year my new friend.
ReplyDeleteI like the sound of your photo project! Hope we will get to see some of them. I use Picasa for my photos. It's by Google, and free. You can easily create albums. I have an android smart phone and use Dropbox to transfer my photos to my computer, then can edit them in Picasa.
ReplyDeleteI am doing a port roast, with kraut and black-eyed peas tomorrow. We will stay in tonight, and will finish putting our decorations away tomorrow. I'll still have laundry to finish, too, since we didn't get it done today.
Happy New Year, Carol!! I wish you and yours all good things for 2013!!
I'm sorry I've been MIA. I hope your new year is going great so far. I love the idea of a photo diary, how's it going so far? Will you be posting them to your blog?
ReplyDelete