Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sat. Dec. 8, 2012


Today is definitely a chili day. Yep, I mean chili. I mixed up a batch and put in the crockpot this morning. It was good and all I had to do was call him to the table. I love those kinds of meals. 

 I've been working all day around the house. It's too nasty to go out anywhere. I took care of 2 loads of laundry plus a few other minor things. I worked on the Christmas cards but don't have them ready for the mail box yet. Each year I cut the list down a little more. 

I've felt pretty good today. I got a full night's sleep and that helped a lot.

Only 16 days until Christmas! We haven't gotten the tree up or any decorations out. I know I'm going to have to do something, get some of the decorations out, and maybe give him a little boost, or Hubby won't do anything.  We'll be sitting here Christmas eve with no decorations.  He hates getting the big box down from the attic in the garage, and I don't blame him, but we have no other place to store it.  I have to stand by while he's on the ladder. Makes me nervous.  He's not as steady as he used to be.

I didn't have much to post tonight, my brain is empty, so I'm going to shut down and get ready for bed.

Take care.
God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Chili on a chili, ugly day sounds good to me. I feel the same way you do about decorating. I do very little any more....physically and mentally I just cant get into it. Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chili, and haven't made any yet this year. We had to put the AC back on today, so it's really still not cold enough for us to be craving chili. Sounds good, though!

    When I was growing up in Ohio, we didn't put the tree up until 2-weeks out. The real tree lasted longer that way. Our decorations are in the garage attic, too, and Joe and I do it together. I don't want him going up that ladder without me there. Neither on of us have any business climbing ladders. Hope you are having a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chili is one of my favorites as well. I just made a quadruple batch for my hubby's hockey buddies...they ate absolutely all of it...therefore, I'm still craving chili.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....