Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Reporting back in....

The last several days I've kept myself busy with my duties, sort of, and with my projects. It's been fun.

Here's a couple pieces from my photo diary ....

We had non-stop rain for 2 straight days (Sat & Sun.), with 3¼" falling in 12 hours. There was flooding all around us. This is our backyard on Sunday afternoon. Then Sunday night the temperature fell into the 20's, so what didn't get drained away is now frozen.



I've been spending my evenings on my genealogy research. On Ancestry I found a very distant relative who had this photo of my gr-gr-grand-parents (Jesse Burwell and Allie Adams) taken approximately 1890. He looked a lot like my gr-grandfather and my grandmother looked just like her. The family resemblance is definitely there. 

I also found information on my gr-grandfather's brother, Thomas Nutter Adams, in the history books from Clinton Co. Ohio. He was one of the earliest settlers and the story says he lived to be 104 yrs. old, which I found other documentation to confirm this, and on his 100th birthday he split 100 rails to celebrate, one for each year he'd lived. I knew I came from hardy stock. I also found information on where the family is buried. I told Bob we are definitely going on a few road trips this coming summer. 

My week of research has proved very fruitful.

I've got a roast in the oven for supper and I'll be peeling the potatoes soon. Bob got a call this morning from one of the guys from the rifle range. They have a skeet shoot tomorrow and the range had some flooding. He went out to help pump water from the pits and clean up debris. He should be home before dark, but I still have to plan on holding his supper for him.

I hope everyone has a great week.
Take care.
God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you have had some success in finding ancestors...that is interesting. One of my daughters does that for our family and it is amazing who you can find. We had had non-stop rain and tomorrow night they predict 23 degrees....brrrrr...well, it is winter in south Tennessee and we never know until we wake up and look out the window. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol! It is so much fun to find our ancestors! To get a photo of your grgrgrand is wonderful! You have sure had a lot of rain! Oh my. Hope Bob got things taken care of and made it home for your yummy dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....