Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thursday thoughts

Hubby and I didn't do anything today. Well, let me re-phrase that.... Hubby didn't do anything today. I did my household chores, including 2 loads of laundry.


Thank goodness we went out yesterday to get groceries because
today was not the kind of day to be out running around. It's cold. 

This afternoon it managed to get up around 23° but with the winds
blowing like they have, the wind chill was around zero all day.
Right now it's at minus 3 with 42mph winds. Bitter cold.


 It was hard to get up this morning. I didn't feel like getting out of bed. My head is bothering me, not a headache, just that heavy feeling I get occasionally, like when the weather makes a big change. It also zaps any energy I may have had.


I haven't felt like working on my genealogy the last few days. Therefore, all my papers are right here where I left them. I'm going to try to get back into it tomorrow. I'm trying to get everything into a new filing system, so I have to get back or I'll forget where I was.


I've been having some computer problems lately, so I worked on it quite a while this evening, deleting some old files and cleaning up the registry. I'm hoping I'll be able to publish this.



I saw this on a web page last night and I thought it was very interesting. I plan to do some research to see if this is true or not.

How many times I have looked at those stickers on my food and never thought about what those numbers mean.

The next time I go to the store I'm going to check it out. And I will no doubt make some wiser decisions on what I buy.

When we were at the store yesterday, I wanted a tomato for a recipe I was making for supper last night. Just one tomato. Every kind I picked up said "a product of Mexico". We won't buy any of them, because it's a proven fact they use human feces to fertilize the vegetables they grow and ship to us. I finally found some grape tomatoes grown in Arkansas. I just had to alter my recipe a bit.



Tomorrow (Feb. 1) is National Wear Red Day the American Heart Assoc. started 10 years ago for the awareness of 
heart disease in women. I'm not getting out and join in any local activities, but I thought I'd just mention it.


Well, I'm going to finish watching the local news and then head off to bed.


Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Take care.
God bless.





2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel refreshed and better today. I didnt know about the stickers on vegetables either, but good to know. I will be checking them out too. We are still going between 70 one day and 30 the next....crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, it sure is cold there! That chill factor is wicked!! Thanks for the info about those stickers on fruits and vegetables, and that Mexican tomatoes are fertilized in a way that makes me not want to eat them! Goodness, we just never know, do we. I hope your heavy head has cleared up. I know exactly what you mean - not exactly a headache, but still a miserable feeling. Not fun. Stay warm up there! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....